Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Although I like LPVO's also, an ACOG with an offset red dot is a handy setup. Rocking the gun inboard to pick up the dot is pretty fast.

Default Sig 556R optic: ACOG vs. Browe vs. LPVO

If weight/ size is a factor then go with ACOG. Otherwise some of the newer LPVO are great. However both will be fine within the range you are looking for. Some of the LPVO will be overkill
    Last edited by EEE; 09-23-2021 at 08:21 AM.

My agency went with the Credo specifically as the reticle was found to be superior to the red dot at 1x and at additional magnification the red segmented circle (think same donut of death on ACOGs) is extremely fast and precise.. just circle the problem and press trigger until it goes away. We used the TA01NSN for years and I’m a fan of ACOGs but we wanted the best of both worlds - red dot and magnified optics - and the fixed 4x on an ACOG wasn’t ideal for law enforcement applications in buildings.

Although I like LPVO's also, an ACOG with an offset red dot is a handy setup. Rocking the gun inboard to pick up the dot is pretty fast.
    This is how I run 95% of my weapons.
    Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    This is how I run 95% of my weapons.
    I am setting up a 16" the same way. I already have the offset mount and the red dot, but still trying to decide on the optic. I'm not liking my ACOG anymore with my eyesight, and while I know they are considered trash by most high speed guys here, I have actually been leaning to a prism from either Primary Arms, SIG, Burris, or Bushnell. I am not a working professional anymore, I left my "High Speed/Low Drag" days behind many years ago. As a 65 yr old "Low Speed/High Drag" cancer survivor, I want something for general purpose. I might even consider a variable optic in the 3-10 or 4-16 range.
    Frank

"Some People are like a Slinky- basically useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    I am setting up a 16" the same way. I already have the offset mount and the red dot, but still trying to decide on the optic. I'm not liking my ACOG anymore with my eyesight, and while I know they are considered trash by most high speed guys here, I have actually been leaning to a prism from either Primary Arms, SIG, Burris, or Bushnell. I am not a working professional anymore, I left my "High Speed/Low Drag" days behind many years ago. As a 65 yr old "Low Speed/High Drag" cancer survivor, I want something for general purpose. I might even consider a variable optic in the 3-10 or 4-16 range.
    Frank,

I recently bought a pair of Primary Arms prism optics, the PA SLx 1x and the 2x. Both are crystal clear, look and feel bombproof, and offer interesting and useful features regarding battery life and reticles. Ain't no ACOG, obviously, but being an old retired guy they're a good fit for me.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Ok, slight drift, but for other short barrel guns in .308, 5.56, etc, running out a 8-10” barrels, what is the better VALUE LPVO these days? Not looking for the cheapest crap on Amazon. Also not looking to but $2K in a scope. Think 1x6, 2x8 ish. These short barrel blasters are not doing real work past 200, maybe 300 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Ok, slight drift, but for other short barrel guns in .308, 5.56, etc, running out a 8-10” barrels, what is the better VALUE LPVO these days? Not looking for the cheapest crap on Amazon. Also not looking to but $2K in a scope. Think 1x6, 2x8 ish. These short barrel blasters are not doing real work past 200, maybe 300 yds.
    Just based on my recent research, you might like the Vortex Viper PST Gen II (1-6x24). They can be found in the $500-600 range if you shop around. Good reviews.
    ďThis is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.Ē - Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Frank,

I recently bought a pair of Primary Arms prism optics, the PA SLx 1x and the 2x. Both are crystal clear, look and feel bombproof, and offer interesting and useful features regarding battery life and reticles. Ain't no ACOG, obviously, but being an old retired guy they're a good fit for me.
    I'm a big fan of their prisms, I have an astigmatism, not terrible but bad enough that red dots are starting to become an issue. I bought their 1x cyclops about a year ago and was really impressed so I added their micro prism 1x recently to my Panama Special and it has really been fantastic; it has officially replaced my eotech on that rifle for both a little weight savings and better visibility for me. I couldn't help myself so I tried out their 1-8x LPVO on my old school 16" Patrol Rifle that already had a match grade chrome lined barrel and decent two stage trigger. So far so good there too. My primary battle rifle still has an Eotech 552 on it, but I have PA Prisms and their LPVO on my other go to rifles right now with another eotech as a backup should I need it. I've really put their stuff through the ringer in the last few years and it has impressed. My go to has always had the eotech and I havn't changed that, but going to their micro prism on my Panama was a big step as it is with me everyday so my trust level in the quality of their prisms is at the High High level at this point. The LPVO is in the early stages of testing still but the glass is clear, the reticle is awesome, and so far I'm impressed. Keep in mind, I'm a shooter but not an optics snob, I'm more concerned about durability and repeatability than fancy. I should add that I do have the Holosun 507 C with the ACSS Reticle on a couple pistols as well.
    Semper Fi!

Vortex is good its just heavy. Primary Arms seems to have a good reputation and one person I know hasn't had any issues with their dot. Once I get my 45-70 back from the smith I got a Primary Arms red dot I am going to put on it and the proceed to abuse and punish for fun and out of curiosity.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015