Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop in Trigger

What do you think of the ALG triggers? Just curious.. Good to snag a few or pass for something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Spokelse416 View Post
    What do you think of the ALG triggers? Just curious.. Good to snag a few or pass for something different?
    The ALG triggers are an enhanced mil-spec trigger. Good to go, and a little bit lighter than the BCM PNT trigger the OP is using.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

DEPENDS WHICH ONE, IVE ONLY HAD MY HANDS ON THE ENHANCED COMBAT WHICH IS JUST A NICKEL TEFLON MILSPEC. ACROSS DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS, ITS THE SAME PRODUCT OFFERED BY WILSON COMBAT AS THE TACTICAL TRIGGER KIT, BRAVO COMPANY'S GUNFIGHTER PNT TRIGGER, WMD GUNS NIBX, AND THE SCHMID TOOL AND ENGINEERING TRIGGER. THE TRIGGERS ALL COME FROM THE SAME SQAURE S FOUNDRY, WITH FINISHING NUANCES LEFT UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL COMPANY, SO YOU MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT BREAKING POINT, PULL SMOOTHNESS ETC DEPENDING ON THE BRAND, BUT AFTER A LOT OF USE THEY ALL END UP FEELING THE SAME.

TO THAT POINT WE HAVE SENT A HANDFUL OF TRIGGERS OUT TO NP3 FOR COATING AND WHEN THOSE GET BACK WE ARE GOING TO PLAY AROUND WITH THEM , AS LONG AS EVERYTHING IS GOOD, WE WILL BE SELLING NP3 COATED MILSPEC TRIGGER KITS

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Stopped by my LGS, picked up a Geissele SSA-E
    USN 1976-1983
    Western Australia
    Gulfport MS
    Guam
    Diego Garcia BIOT
    Belle Chasse LA

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Stopped by my LGS, picked up a Geissele SSA-E
    Congrats man. I don't think you could have made a better decision. I will offer a single piece of unsolicited advice though. I have several SSA triggers and a SSA-E, the SSA-E is about a pound lighter at 3.5 lbs., vs 4.5 for the SSA. In the interest of consistency in muscle memory, and more importantly safety in stressful situations, I ordered a set of SSA springs from Geissele for my SSA-E. It now breaks right in line with the SSA triggers I have weight wise, but still has the advantage of the crisper 2nd stage break.

Any future AR triggers I buy will be SSA-E with the SSA springs. FWIW.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Any future AR triggers I buy will be SSA-E with the SSA springs. FWIW.
    I thought about getting the G2S which is a 4.5# trigger.
    After getting it together I was thinking it was gonna take getting use to after using the BCM PNT Mil-Spec one

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    I thought about getting the G2S which is a 4.5# trigger.
    After getting it together I was thinking it was gonna take getting use to after using the BCM PNT Mil-Spec one
    At the risk of sounding like a snob, there's a reason that the price difference between the SSA and the G2S is nearly $100. You made the right call.

Yes, it will take some getting used to, depending on how much muscle memory you've built up with the PNT. The SSA-E is a 2 stage, so you'll need to take up the first stage and rest on the second before breaking for precise shots. But can still pull all the way through very quickly for rapid work. Do some shooting for groups, and do some mag dumps to boot.

I will get this right out of the way, I do not care for cassette triggers. I've come across enough issues between them not resetting or not hitting the primer hard enough to avoid them. Never mind the non-traditional pin retention methods no user serviceability. Geissele, Larue, ALG, and Centurion all have excellent triggers with no loss in reliabilty.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016