Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drop in Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    So i'm reading this, and what i'm gathering is that there will be no interest if we do a collaboration with timney next year for AR triggers?
    I would imagine most people's minds are made up, and that the Timney may be a hard sell.

I really don't know. I never would have thought I'd be interested in the cartridge-type triggers until I bought that Wilson Combat.

I've kind of been out of the loop for a while. I just noticed your post about triggers out for NP3. I guess I thought that NP3 went away when ROBAR went away.

I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithEC View Post
    I would imagine most people's minds are made up, and that the Timney may be a hard sell.

I really don't know. I never would have thought I'd be interested in the cartridge-type triggers until I bought that Wilson Combat.

I've kind of been out of the loop for a while. I just noticed your post about triggers out for NP3. I guess I thought that NP3 went away when ROBAR went away.

I really don't know.
    SO AS TO THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ROBAR AND NP3, ROBBY HAD SOLD THE ROBAR TO HIS BUSINESS PARTNER, WHO PROCEEDED TO NOSEDIVE THE COMPANY, WHILE ROBBY FOCUSED ON NP3 THROUGH HIS COMPANY (THEN) COATING TECHNOLOGIES INC, (NOW) COATING TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Okay. Learn something new everyday.

I got my money's worth last time I sent something to ROBAR. I think of it as a claim to fame that no one knows about or cares about. I actually sent them a S&W 460XVR with 8 3/8" barrel for NP3. I can't imagine anyone other than me sent them one of those things. That's a lot of NP3, right there.

It is an awful nice coating. I would imagine those coated Mil-Spec triggers would be perfect for plenty of us.

So i'm reading this, and what i'm gathering is that there will be no interest if we do a collaboration with timney next year for AR triggers?
    i am interested in anything that you all at SI see fit to offer as advanced gear.

But, I will not guarantee if I will buy or not and that has to be the bottom line prior to offering something. What I buy depends on multiple factors in the future that are not all knowable.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    But, I will not guarantee if I will buy or not and that has to be the bottom line prior to offering something. What I buy depends on multiple factors in the future that are not all knowable.
    The only things I will say are these.

1). Geisseles are fine triggers and i have some in my ARs. But all my precision rifles, or rifles that I want surgical hostage-rescue accuracy from...well...those have Timneys.

2). The next time you decide to buy something from your "LGS", remember to thank them for the Newsletter, Forum, and Free real world advice they put out every f*cking day.

JMHO on a cranky cold AZ morning
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

What do you envision such a trigger doing that an SSA(-e) doesn’t do? Speaking for myself, everything already has a good trigger but if I were to buy/build more ARs next year, which likely will happen, I wouldn’t be opposed to trying the Timney route if it is on a par with what I customarily run. I have Timneys in my bolt guns and they seem quite nice in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

1). Geisseles are fine triggers and i have some in my ARs. But all my precision rifles, or rifles that I want surgical hostage-rescue accuracy from...well...those have Timneys.

2). The next time you decide to buy something from your "LGS", remember to thank them for the Newsletter, Forum, and Free real world advice they put out every f*cking day.

I greatly appreciate the knowledge from this site and that is why I come here. While I am for sure not the biggest spender at SI, some of what I buy at SI I do because of the information in the forum.
    The service when purchasing at SI has been excellent and no complaints. I have a positive opinion towards Timney triggers and your endorsement does add to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

I wish I could add something to this, but it's been covered...
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

I have several guns with the Geissele G2S-E trigger, and I love them. I recently bought a G2S (no -E), and it is the first Geissele trigger that I am displeased with. It isn't terrible, but there is a spongey take-up and it is far less clean than the -E triggers that I have. Ironically, I put that trigger in a gun for which I want great accuracy. Taking Gabe's words to heart, I think I'll order a Timney for that gun, and pull out the G2S to put in a lesser rifle down the road.
    Virtute et Armis

Maybe. Depends what it is though obviously. A single stage cartridge trigger with a crisp break ~3 lb is something I'd consider.

Personally I have little use for overpriced Geissele triggers, or really anything 2-stage although that's personal preference. Since all of my rifles are accurate precision rifles, I greatly prefer the Rise 434 trigger over anything else these days. I say that without having used Timney, but do own a bunch of other cartridge and 2 piece triggers. Many are close but not quite there, like the CMC which feels nice but has a fair amount of creep for example.

For those objecting to cartridge triggers - these exist because of tolerances in your lower's trigger/hammer pin holes, which result in different amounts of sear engagement and feel. A cartridge allows the trigger & hammer dimensions to be more tightly controlled, and in some cases for the trigger to use completely different mechanisms. There is no one size fits all, but at the same time there is no valid case against cartridge triggers, other than people failing to read instructions or follow basic gunsmithing practices.