Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So the bad guys aren't as dumb and low skilled as people think they are and the cops aren't as good as they and others think? Shocking. Not.

You guys should know better by now.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    So the bad guys aren't as dumb and low skilled as people think they are and the cops aren't as good as they and others think? Shocking. Not.
    I dunno, just because the cops tactical reactions were bad doesn't change that the bad guy was still shockingly stupid...

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

At those ranges and excitement levels nobody involved needs sights or will use them. But that’s interesting the gangbangers are saving bucks on the sights- who knew?

AR jams - it jams, what a surprise. I speculate only the infantry knows to clean it or at least dip the bolt carrier and bolt in clp after any fire. It’s not an AK.

I did like the great display of common sense of the driver who ran away like the hounds of hell were on his ass.

Officers did well and won the day.

Quote Originally Posted by juma View Post
    At those ranges and excitement levels nobody involved needs sights or will use them. But that’s interesting the gangbangers are saving bucks on the sights- who knew?

AR jams - it jams, what a surprise. I speculate only the infantry knows to clean it or at least dip the bolt carrier and bolt in clp after any fire. It’s not an AK.

I did like the great display of common sense of the driver who ran away like the hounds of hell were on his ass.

To be fair, many if not most people buy shit AR pistols and ammo.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by juma View Post

Likely the goblin purchased that AR pistol from a car trunk dealer with one loaded magazine. I doubt that he even test fired it. If it was loaded with 5.56 wolf ammo, it is not uncommon according to the internet for that those rounds to cause problems with cycling in AR pistols and they work better in a full length gas systems.
    If an AK pistol would be more reliable, I am not well versed in AK pistols relative to reliability.

'Officers did well and won the day'???
    I am waiting for some of the more knowledgeable members to go over the mistakes that were made.

I've noticed it with the black guys at work they're good guys that work hard and have families its just by nature of their demographic their exposure to gun culture has traditionally been from the thug set so they keep wanting AR pistols that are short as can be, no optics, they'll maybe keep a mag worth of ammo, they also think that they are used like a pistol and they have no idea what the brace is even for.

I ended up having a productive conversation one of them one day. He came at me with something to the affect of "I'm not going to be as accurate as you my people don't do things that way" I told him "I know that's why you don't hit who you're trying to shoot and typically end up hitting an innocent person a block away" the concept of aiming finally clicked

I recently talked one out of buying a 7.5 got him to buy a 10.5

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

I did notice that the younger deputy seemed aware of the guy coming from the rear, but when he went to shoot he dropped his magazine. He then moved off camera where he must have reloaded and came back into the fight with the Dead Enough Dump. He then picks up the dropped mag.

I’m happy the good guys prevailed but yes they just barely did so. I would’ve slammed the door on the punk getting out of the car upsetting his ooda loop thus giving plenty of time to reposition draw and unload on his ass.