Default Anyone w/ Amtac Northman experience?

Intrigued by the concept of the Amtac Northman pocket carry fixed blade knife. Not terribly intrigued by the price tag, but was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

$450.00

Blink Blink.

Hells no.

It's sorta cool that they provide a trainer at the same cost. But that cost is nucking futs.

As near as I can tell the only thing that makes it a "pocket fixed blade" is the sheath.

And frankly a knife with an OAL of 6 7/8s inches, plus a bit for the kydex sheath requires a bit more pocket than a lot of my trousers have. Also I don't see how that sheath can clip in a pocket and still have the blade inside.

And lastly your local laws will vary (if you care about them), but I kinda thought that 3" was a fairly common limit for a fixed blade carried concealed.

I do wonder how the laws would react to a folding knife carried unfolded in a sheath.

I do not have one, but am interested as well. I’m sort of trying the concept with a small ESEE to see how I like it. So far, I do like the simplicity vs a folder, plus the inherent strength. Note, I’m using this as EDC utility blade. It will certainly work “in harms way” but it’s not a dedicated fighter.

I own one. Very high quality fixed blade knife that carriers like a pocket folder. That gets around the concealment legality challenge in my AO. I'm surprised others have not copied the concept at a lower price point. The knife carries very well in any of my pants.

The velcro pocket and integrated fire striker are nice but not must have for me. I keep a little tinder in the velcro. It is a little small but that works well in the pocket. I would have considered the Minuteman had it been available.

Let me know what info I can provide. I can take photos with other knives for size etc
    Last edited by GhostRidder; 09-10-2021 at 09:16 PM.

I've been on the fence about getting one.
    Concept seems solid.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I own one. Very high quality fixed blade knife that carriers like a pocket folder. That gets around the concealment legality challenge in my AO. I'm surprised others have not copied the concept at a lower price point. The knife carries very well in any of my pants.

The velcro pocket and integrated fire striker are nice but not must have for me. I keep a little tinder in the velcro. It is a little small but that works well in the pocket. I would have considered the Minuteman had it been available.

Let me know what info I can provide. I can take photos with other knives for size etc
    How/where do you carry it? Strong side or off-side? Any pics in pocket would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, do you carry it in lieu of a folder, or in addition to?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Default Anyone w/ Amtac Northman experience?

Left front pocket if you are right handed. A folder is carried in the right front pocket.

A discount was available for former students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    How/where do you carry it? Strong side or off-side? Any pics in pocket would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, do you carry it in lieu of a folder, or in addition to?
    The knife is will go in the sheath either way around so it's your choice and you can change anytime. I carry on my non gun side. Pocket pic above is perfect.

I carry a leatherman and use that for box cutting tasks.