Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Liu View Post
    The NPCs/sheeple who preach such doctrines in relation to US politics don't like it when I'm part of the discussion.

The "ruler" of the USA is the Constitution.

Anyone subverting it is a traitor and in terms of this doctrine is the one sinning, and fighting such commies would be acting as this passage says you should act.
    That IS the crux of the issue in the USA. Our Constitution IS our ruler, our supreme law of the land, the earthly authority to which we are all commanded to obey and be subject to; NOT any elected representative, politician, governor, or even the President himself. I too bring this up every time this topic comes up in the Christian groups I’m a part of, and just like you’ve experienced, most are quite resistant to the idea, and will argue tooth and nail against it. It’s quite frustrating.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    That IS the crux of the issue in the USA. Our Constitution IS our ruler, our supreme law of the land, the earthly authority to which we are all commanded to obey and be subject to; NOT any elected representative, politician, governor, or even the President himself. I too bring this up every time this topic comes up in the Christian groups I’m a part of, and just like you’ve experienced, most are quite resistant to the idea, and will argue tooth and nail against it. It’s quite frustrating.
    Truman said the Constitution is meant to serve the People. The People aren't meant to serve the Constitution.
    In the time between 1865 and 1965 Blacks in the South were subject to being killed by White mobs. Lynching if you will.
    Blacks could not serve on juries or vote in many cases. So the White men were arrested and tried for their crimes, often admitting guilt,
    only to be found not guilty by an all White jury. The Constitution says this is a State issue but Southern states were not going to stop Lynching.
    So the Federal Government passed an un-Constitutional Civil Rights Act. Blindly following the Constitution or any person or law is not the
    way to liberty and happiness.

This really sucks because we all know that evil men will take advantage of this to try to take away our guns or to impose un-Constitutional vaccine mandates.
    But it doesn't change the fundamental truth of the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
    Well, I’m sure there’s nothing I can do to convince you that I’m not an “agent provocateur”
    There is.

Stay here a few years, talk about guns and training. Take training classes with people here so they know you. Don't be a dick. Or at least any more of a dick than most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    That IS the crux of the issue in the USA. Our Constitution IS our ruler,
    I disagree with this entirely.

The Constitution does three things. The first is it lays out a short paragraph of the "why".

The second thing the Constitution does is lay out the structure of the government, and roughs out the processes for instantiating and replicating it.

The third thing the Constitution does is attempt to define the limits of what the federal (and later via the 14th amendment the states) may do.

Nowhere does establish itself, or anyone under it as a "ruler".

Under the *federal* constitution we have no rulers.

IDK enough about state constitutions, but the federal constitution is does not rule me. It, if followed, actually prevents *the feds* from ruling us.

our supreme law of the land, the earthly authority to which we are all commanded to obey and be subject to; NOT any elected representative, politician, governor, or even the President himself. I too bring this up every time this topic comes up in the Christian groups I’m a part of, and just like you’ve experienced, most are quite resistant to the idea, and will argue tooth and nail against it. It’s quite frustrating.
    A lot of people want to be ruled.

Fuck'em.
    Last edited by BillyOblivion; 09-10-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: speeling erorr.

Indeed. Our constitution just lists the rights that exist naturally from our creator. It doesn't grant them and the government doesn't grand them.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

The Constitution restrains government. It IS the ruler of the fedgov, and when they violate it, they are disobeying their ruler.

The context where I said it was the "ruler" was in that a republic is the rule by law, not by majority, not by oligarchy, and not by an individual.

Those Christians who look at this popular passage about obeying rulers are breaking their own rule when they consider the fedgov as their ruler.

I've seen so many idiotic interpretations of this passage.

I even read one book where the author said his wife always tells him he is about to sin when his speedometer reaches the speed limit, and he was implying that she was correct and not an OCD nag.

Truman was an evil commie who should have hanged with Hitler, Stalin, Roosevelt, and Mao. He sold out tens of millions to Stalin's tyranny. He was a scumbag who should be reviled, not followed.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

-Moses disobeyed Pharaoh.
    -Esther disobeyed Persia law.
    -Jesus disobeyed Pharisees & Sadducees.
    -Peter disobeyed the Sanhedrin.
    -Paul disobeyed the Emperor of Rome.

It's not Christian to "do what you're told," if what you're told doesn't align with what God tells you to do.

Yeah, there are a bunch of the estrogen poisoned that use scripture, often taken out of context as an excuse for fear and cowardice.

Those all too ready to disobey God are all too willing to bow to tyrants.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Default The Answer Is Given.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    As is typical, the answer is given before the need for the question to be asked.

https://youtu.be/4uE-tqe0xsQ
    Spot on with the above........Watch and listen the entirety.Share it.

This " republic " has morphed into bloated " Empire " complete with 24 hour bread and circuses and a " go along to get along mentality ". Do I still take solace in the writings of the old and new covenant?...Yes,yes I do.

I'm a struggling/in training, man at arms and apprentice pirate.The question of obedience or disobedience.....well that train has left the station, missed the first sharp turn, derailed and went over a cliff.

Remember the opposition understands very well that......Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.