Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Everyone knows committees always make the best decisions.
    Specially if they are hand picked and funded by the king.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Truth.

And on that note, this is mandatory:
    BF0FB51D-D603-4CEC-B9FF-AEC71EAFD3CB.jpg
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Yeah, I agree.

A religious committee of high ranking church leaders, convened by a king, to define the precepts of a religion, and to pick and choose what texts are or are not correct, couldn't have possibly been corrupt, bias, or influenced by personal motivations, political influence, or power.

Everyone knows committees always make the best decisions.
    Gotta bring the abstract possibility to bear on the particular situation. Until you do that, my previous remarks stand unrefuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Different timing. KJV is unreliable in part for that reason. Defining the canon was not at the behest of any king, nor conducted in the 1620s.

I've got course outlines to catch up on, so I'm likely done here. I think I've made my point, and now it's a matter of whether others will accept it. I don't pretend to have full knowledge of all of these issues or a seminary-level understanding. I'm simply trying to defend what is true and refute error where I see it. Also appreciate not getting booted for pushing back, sometimes rather forcibly. I respect you gents on here and hope that has come across even over such a limited medium.

This is all deflection to avoid dealing with the issue. If the canon is unreliable, what part of it, why, and how does it conflict on fundamental doctrinal issues with the non-canonical books?

I'm convinced that this is nothing more than a red herring argument. I am open to having my mind changed.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    This is all deflection to avoid dealing with the issue. If the canon is unreliable, what part of it, why, and how does it conflict on fundamental doctrinal issues with the non-canonical books?

I'm convinced that this is nothing more than a red herring argument. I am open to having my mind changed.
    You know, this did start with a couple remarks about Jesus and what He may or may not have done, didn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    You know, this did start with a couple remarks about Jesus and what He may or may not have done, didn't it...
    Sorry if it wasn't clear that my remarks were not directed at your points.

Commenting on your last post (prior to the captioned one}, I'll say that in the South they have a saying, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

What the heart desires, the mind justifies.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't clear that my remarks were not directed at your points.

Commenting on your last post (prior to the captioned one}, I'll say that in the South they have a saying, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

What the heart desires, the mind justifies.
    No no, not at all—my apologies for not making clear that was more of a musing "out loud" about the fact we had gotten down a rabbit hole.

Also true, to your remark about the South's saying.