Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    FWIW, I've read that taking it prophylactically doesn't do much. Just make sure you have your dosing right when you do get the plague. Therapeutic dosage is 0.4-0.6mg per kg of bodyweight. Take with or after a meal.
    Prophylactic use was the first study I saw that showed positive results. It absolutely *might* help prophylactically. Also your therapeutic dose is what the FLCCC is recommending for post-exposure prophylactic use.
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...ol-ENGLISH.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Prophylactic use was the first study I saw that showed positive results. It absolutely *might* help prophylactically. Also your therapeutic dose is what the FLCCC is recommending for post-exposure prophylactic use.
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...ol-ENGLISH.pdf
    This is the protocol that I would depend on...... What these guys are suggesting, makes sense. They have science behind them. And "no" it's not a cure all....

Fwiw.... the equine version is advertised as "Apple Flavored"....They lie, it tastes like shit .....(be sure you get the dose right.)

Prophylactic dose: 0.2 mg/kg
    Home treatment: 0.4 to 0.6 mg/kg

While FLCCC states to take with or just after a meal, I'd go with the Mayo Clinic's recommendation of taking the dose 1 hour before breakfast with a full glass of water...

My own experience, and that of an acquaintance recently diagnosed with Covid, show that one side-effect of IVM (ivermectin) therapy is vomiting...and the last thing you'd want to do is inadvertently throw up your treatment!

BTW, the acquaintance showed marked improvement by the 2nd day's dosage...

(FWIW, the recommendation by FLCC is 5 full days of a single dose per day)

Hope that helps.

P.S. - today is day 3 of my acquaintance's treatment...
    Last edited by StealthNeighbor; 09-11-2021 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added the P.S.
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

It amazes me how fake news and biteme puppet masters can say something is terrible and the medical folks go along with it. Too much money involved. See who is making the big bucks and it will tell you all you need to know. It is not about getting folks well, it is about stuffing their pockets with cash
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

They do make a human version of the drug. It's not like the doctors would have had to go down to the feed store and figure out how to dose the cattle wormer.
    The problem with the medical profession is that it has become completely protocol driven. It used to be your doctor could use any drug he wanted in an extra-label manner because he was a doctor and knew what he was doing. Now the doctors are just cogs in the wheel of a very large economic engine and don't dare to stray from the flow chart.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc;[URL="tel:1986460"
    1986460[/URL]]Now the doctors are just cogs in the wheel of a very large economic engine and don't dare to stray from the flow chart.
    That must be why we see so many nurse practitioners now. Cheaper labor, and they can follow the flowchart as well as the md.

I checked the NIH (National Institute of Health) website to see what they actually are saying over Ivermectin and covid.
    There response is CYA
    Recommendation

• There is insufficient evidence for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.
    The fact that they do not say no is encouraging to those that would used it. There are some side effects likw vomiting and I think there are others. It is given for other diseases. So someone can take it if they stay at correct dosages.
    Me I believe in multi-tiered strategy. Take in what ever medicine has to offer that might reasonably in your opinion will help fight off covid, especially if you are in high risk group that I am in due to age.
    The easier is to prepare your own food and reduce your exposure. Stay healthy by eating healthy , having a good lifestyle, and maintaining a good outlook. Most healthy people survive the disease and so there is also that. My youngest sibling that is a half sister caught covid from working at a hospital along with her husband at home, both are heavy smokers and drink, but otherwise healthy and got better at home after a week or so. No one else in my immediate family is known to have caught it yet. I have not left my place yet today and will not until monday to drop off my F150 for some brake work.