Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The next real fight for America is going to be against the government.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    The next real fight for America is going to be against the government.
    Not the government. The Party.

The government is just a tool that The Party uses when it suits them, as they use the media, the education system, and other institutions they have infiltrated. The Party's functionaries hold the goverment in contempt. They don't even bother to conceal their contempt for military members and police officers. You know what? -- they feel exactly the same way about the people who work in the Sewer Department, or the Bureau of Weights and Measures, or the folks who inspect grain elevators, etc...

In essence it’s going to be against people who are taking away your liberty, enforcing rules that take away your liberty, and snitches.
    Paul

The govt wouldn’t risk fighting us, they will just continue to divide until it’s us vs. BLM, Antifa, LGBT activists, Climate activists, etc. While only arresting and defunding white republican “domestic terrorists”.

Wasnt familiar with Ononda. Did a little reading, interesting story for sure. Even more interesting the Philippine govt didn’t prosecute him for still killing people 30 years post war.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

I learned the true meaning of cannon fodder many years ago. Never again!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. ~Declaration of Independence

I served during the time the military was shafted by Ronald Reagan when we lost our original GI Bill and budgets were slashed to fund his "star wars" bullshit.
    I don't know why he's the conservative "golden calf" as he was neither conservative or less government minded. Might I remind you he's the reason that CA is as screwed up as it is with their gun laws, he started that with his "no reason why anyone needs to carry guns" BS.
    Joe McCarthy warned us about the communists starting to try to control the DNC, they laughed at him and called him crazy. It's been a long, slow process for them to get here. There's only one way I can see it ever changing back, by expungement.
    USN 1976-1983
    Western Australia
    Gulfport MS
    Guam
    Diego Garcia BIOT
    Belle Chasse LA

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. ~Declaration of Independence

I served during the time the military was shafted by Ronald Reagan when we lost our original GI Bill and budgets were slashed to fund his "star wars" bullshit.
    I don't know why he's the conservative "golden calf" as he was neither conservative or less government minded. Might I remind you he's the reason that CA is as screwed up as it is with their gun laws, he started that with his "no reason why anyone needs to carry guns" BS.
    Joe McCarthy warned us about the communists starting to try to control the DNC, they laughed at him and called him crazy. It's been a long, slow process for them to get here. There's only one way I can see it ever changing back, by expungement.
    Much of what you say is true of Pres Reagan's star wars, but an unexpected result of the star wars program is the claim the Russian economy was not capable of funding the Russian response causing communist rule to be over thrown without too much bloodshed in comparison to how communist rule was installed.

My son considered the military to get his pilots certs/license.
    With the groper in chief in charge, we ended up sending him off to college for the same thing.
    And he comes out with a degree and a secondary skill (drones) as opposed to the guys
    getting out of the military who don't have anything to do, future wise.

Theres a place for patriotism, and another for not being cannon fodder.
    Speaking of which, a friends son who is in the Marines gave us a start when he didn't respond to mom and dads call.

Thinking back, Onoda was called out of the jungle by one of his remaining superior officers who officially relieved him of duty.
    He wouldn't come out otherwise as I recall.
    Interesting stuff indeed, check out his full story.
    Last edited by whirlibird; 09-03-2021 at 03:01 PM.

The most recent greatest example of loyalty is Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller.

I hope more will do the same.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Loyalty and duty stem from what I owe God. That's it.
    My family, to include my brothers-in-arms and their families, flow directly from that.
    The people in the institution, sure; see above.
    Very well writ Sir.
    Thank you.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)