Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prayers inbound.

Knee mail done...

Prayin for y'all down there.

American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

It was 16 years ago yesterday that I found myself and family facing the same unknow future those back home in New Orleans are facing today.After wrapping up a 25 year career with the New Orleans PD,I found that I was now a help receiver and no longer a help giver.Thanks to the failure of the levee system protecting N.O.,our home was destroyed by the floods from Hurricane Katrina after making landfall.We made our escape from N.O.several min. before the Gretna PD shut down the Greater N.O. Bridge to traffic.Next stop was Lafayette,LA. Thanks to total strangers,ect.that helped us out we were able to start over again in a strange,new city.I Just wanted to thank everyone of you that sent thoughts and prayers to those directly affected by Hurricane Ida.I know that it helps to know that someone cares about you and your situation. Thanks for your help,gang!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector539 View Post
    It was 16 years ago yesterday that I found myself and family facing the same unknow future those back home in New Orleans are facing today.After wrapping up a 25 year career with the New Orleans PD,I found that I was now a help receiver and no longer a help giver.Thanks to the failure of the levee system protecting N.O.,our home was destroyed by the floods from Hurricane Katrina after making landfall.We made our escape from N.O.several min. before the Gretna PD shut down the Greater N.O. Bridge to traffic.Next stop was Lafayette,LA. Thanks to total strangers,ect.that helped us out we were able to start over again in a strange,new city.I Just wanted to thank everyone of you that sent thoughts and prayers to those directly affected by Hurricane Ida.I know that it helps to know that someone cares about you and your situation. Thanks for your help,gang!
    Smart moving to higher ground. I am on the gulf coast 180 miles east from NO and I am still getting wet from the feeder bands. I am on high ground and built my residence to survive winds.
    For those that are retiring many are considering moving to other locales and with gun rights being an important issue as to where they end up. One should also consider other things and then make you best choice. A brother this year lost a house in santa rosa, Ca to fire and he moved to his second home in Montana and even there air is full of smoke from elsewhere plus their own fires. Some other western locales have water issues. If you buy in Florida, make sure before buy to see the property after a heavy rain.
    Tomorrow morning I need to inspect my property for downed trees and fences and not forget to wear snake leggings. After heavy rains sometimes snakes go looking for higher ground.