Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used to wonder if I could squeeze out a little more accuracy with something smaller than the 6.5 dot that comes in the RM07 but I've shot some pretty decent groups with my SI guns.
    Shot at 25yds with Blazer Brass with my carry gun.
    20191027_195821.jpg
    20191027_195920.jpg
    First shot I pushed low as the trigger broke, totally on me. The other 4, especially the 3 nearly touching, crazy accuracy.

This is a group from my training/practice gun. Yes I have a training gun I put all the wear and tear on. While I do shoot my carry gun my training gun sees about 90+% of my pistol time.
    20190302_144326.jpg

I've also been able to repeatedly run sub 3 second Bill drills from concealment with this set up.
    20200419_192300.jpg

I personally don't see any reason for me to even try a smaller dot. What you don't see from these pics are the movement drills I do like the SI pistol katas. I just don't think the dot size at 6.5 moa is a hindrance nor do I think a smaller dot would be "bolt on performance" on a already high performance pistol.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    I have a mild astigmatism. Nothing that has ever caused the 6.5 MOA 02 model to be unusable but noticeable starbursting… Would the adjustable models ability to turn down the brightness help mitigate this issue?
    I suppose it helps mitigate the issue. Starbursting is something I notice while playing around in the house; never when actually shooting.

One thing that kind of puzzles me about the Type 2 is why Trijicon designed it so that something like the RM06 and RM07 goes into auto-adjust mode 16.5 hours after you last press a button on the RMR. I don't remember the original RMR doing this.

I think the user-adjustable are a good idea if you are going to put a WML on your firearm. This because auto-adjust mode may not adjust as fast as you'd like when activating your light. Because of that 16.5 hour rule, though, you may have to remember to hit a button on that RM06 or 07 every single day. Nothing hard about that, I guess.

My own rules for me are - RM02 for handgun with no light; RM07 for handgun with light; RM06 for anything with a stock (rifle, SBS, ...)
    Last edited by SmithEC; 08-30-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithEC View Post
    I suppose it helps mitigate the issue. Starbursting is something I notice while playing around in the house; never when actually shooting.

One thing that kind of puzzles me about the Type 2 is why Trijicon designed it so that something like the RM06 and RM07 goes into auto-adjust mode 16.5 hours after you last press a button on the RMR. I don't remember the original RMR doing this.

I think the user-adjustable are a good idea if you are going to put a WML on your firearm. This because auto-adjust mode may not adjust as fast as you'd like when activating your light. Because of that 16.5 hour rule, though, you may have to remember to hit a button on that RM06 or 07 every single day. Nothing hard about that, I guess.

My own rules for me are - RM02 for handgun with no light; RM07 for handgun with light; RM06 for anything with a stock (rifle, SBS, ...)
    I really hope Trijicon ups their game. The more I use my Holosuns, the more I prefer them to the RMR. Similar toughness in drop and abuse tests, superior battery design (I know it's a minor issue, but still), and better features.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    You don't find the smaller dot to be a problem picking up, especially the 1 MOA dot?
    I find the RM09 (1 moa dot) to be a bit too small for a regular pistol. I definitely prefer the 3.25 to the 6.5, so I thought maybe I would like the 1.0 even more. I ended up shifting it to a CZ Scorpion, where it works quite well.
    Virtute et Armis

So I went to a few gun stores around town today and got a chance to compare dot sizes… Oddly enough the adjustable 6.5 dot seemed to distort less than the 3.25 once I set them at a power I liked. The non-adjustable RMR’s seem the reverse but both are considerably more distorted than the adjustable sights. I did look at a green reticle Holosun as well since I’ve heard the green is often less distorted for those with astigmatism issues and it just looked blurry to me. The human eye is an odd thing…

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

I run the adjustable 3.25 dot, RM06.

I have been running it in and off duty, daytime and night shift. I started with an auto adjusting RMR. I found out quite fast that the auto adjust will wash out if you use an LED weapon light or flashlight in a low light environment. At work I use lights for clearing structures. When the dot washes out you can still use irons, but that was not acceptable.

I switched to the RM06 and have never looked back. I do have a Holosun and like it. Cant use it for work, but I'll take it in the woods for pigs any day.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I find the RM09 (1 moa dot) to be a bit too small for a regular pistol. I definitely prefer the 3.25 to the 6.5, so I thought maybe I would like the 1.0 even more. I ended up shifting it to a CZ Scorpion, where it works quite well.
    This is where I ended up as well. I have a number of Suarez Glocks and for a bit I was very taken with the 1 MoA dots as I explored the extended reach that the RMR system gives to a handgun. Those 1 MoA dots are now all on braced guns. The 1 MoA has some worthwhile benefits on a proactive weapon like a braced Glock or CZ type set up. The 3.25 or 6.5 is much better than 1 MoA for reactive/defensive weapons.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

I have a Voretex Venom on G34 for concealled carried and Leupold DPP on Cz Shadow 2 for competition, both 6 MOA.
    Now I d like to buy a RMR 06 3.25 MOA for my G34 MOS G5. Please tell me if I should buy for it a Trijicon mounting plate kit 22$, stay with MOS plates or invest 70$ for C&H Precision V4 MIL plate?Brownells

C&H PRECISION WEAPONS V4 MIL
    “No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast.” Richard III – William Shakespeare

After owning one of each, I chose the RM02. YMMV