Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    please, please for the love of everything that goes bang when its supposed to, do not bring up olight.
    Okey dokey, I won't mention them again aside from saying that I've been satisfied with both of those lights thus far.

Frankly I don't think they are much lower quality than the handful of surefire and streamlight products I own (started with Surefire 6P way back when, I own a handful of G2s, a surefire M300, and Streamlight pen light, Streamlight 1L/1AA, and a Streamlight protac HL)....

But then again, I'm a nobody. I'm not in the sandbox or using them daily in hard-use conditions.

I'll have to defer to your experience that they aren't for serious use in those conditions.

You may consider editing the OP to lay out the standards you are seeking to maintain so that I (or others) know what is verboten.

THEIR BIGGEST ISSUE, IS UNFORTUNATELY ONE OF THEIR BIGGEST SELLING POINTS, THE BATTERY. NOT HARD TO FIND, BUT THERE HAVE BEEN MULTIPLE CASES OF THE BATTERY GOING THROUGH A CATASTROPHIC FAILURE, DAMAGING, FIREARMS, HOLSTER, USER, AND IN ONE SPECIFIC CASE KILLING A USER.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Weaponlights are one of those divisive issues. All of my proactive weapons have them. My CCW-EDC pistols tend to not have them. My reasons are simple. Concealed AIWB...for me...doesnt accomodate a light. I have very specific wants in AIWB carry. There was a time when we had our own holsters...sadly those days are in the past. I do have many designs that would address these issues...but I am not a kydex guy.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Dedicated house pistols have them. I have them on house shotguns and carbines too. They may not ALWAYS be needed on them, but since that is literally the only other thing besides an optic hanging on my long guns, I don’t find them cumbersome or in the way of normal use. I had a pistol mag carrier that also had a small piece of rail. It allowed one mag and the WML to be carried neatly. Proactively you could move the light to the carry pistol as needed. It “worked” but added to the challenge of concealment, so it’s not used as often. I find it easier to just EDC a separate handheld light - which actually gets used a lot as a light, go figure - versus a dedicated WML for my EDC pistol.

I'll toss another vote for LAS Concealment if you're looking for a good holster to accommodate a light. Fun fact, if you're running a full size light like the TRL-1 or X300, the light is longer than the barrel which means one holster will work for a Glock 19 or 17 with a threaded barrel as long as your OAL is shorter than the light. That is the case with the LAS Concealment Saya 2.0 at least.
    Semper Fi!

I primarily carry aiwb, but when I carry a light I use the Tenicor ARX SOL owb holster.
    I have a older X300 and a X300U, this is one of the very few holsters that are able to accommodate both designs.
    I use the older X300 on my beside gun as its 1/3 the lumens of the X300U. 180 lumens, the X300U is too bright for my house at 600 lumens. 180 lumens seems just about right.
    My Carbine has Sure Fire Scout Pro. I Opted for the non-rechargable version as I just don't trust rechargeable batteries. I just buy a couple boxes of 123A batteries a year and call it good.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

In terms of CR123 batteries. Surefire now offers rechargeable ones, shopmonkey and i both have some and they work very well and you can alternate out and keep a set or two aside. They charge fairly quickly and hold a charge just as well as regular batteries. We will be putting the batteries up in the ILLUMINATION TOOLS section on Suarez website today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Weaponlights are one of those divisive issues. All of my proactive weapons have them. My CCW-EDC pistols tend to not have them. My reasons are simple. Concealed AIWB...for me...doesnt accomodate a light.
    Indeed. I have them available to add if the situation calls for it. As for AIWB... hell barely have enough room for the 19 as it is.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Indeed. I have them available to add if the situation calls for it. As for AIWB... hell barely have enough room for the 19 as it is.
    Since i carry a 34 with x300 AIWB i buy my jeans one size larger in the waist. Give it a try it might help even for just regular everyday carry with a 19

For anyone who's carrying a Not Glock: Legacy Firearms makes good Flashlight compatible AIWB rigs, a pre hignge raptor knock off w/ bungee for flex and a ton of other options.
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI