Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Weaponlights on pistols

glock 34-1.jpg

Lets bring back an old forum. How many people are running weaponlights on pistols and what kind? If you arent running a weaponlight its something you should seriously consider. Whether its a night stand gun or an everyday carry pistol there are many advantages to a weaponlight on a pistol just like an AR. If anyone has any questions or comments post them here now and we will address them.

We also have many QUALITY weaponlight options on the Suarez website to choose from
    https://suarezinternational.com/illumination-tools/
    Last edited by Paul Groth; 08-24-2021 at 08:53 AM.

I have lights on a couple of house pistols but don't have them on my carry guns. Thinking about it...I probably should because, crazy as it seems, sometimes I'm out of the house and it's dark.

The primary reason I've failed to get one for carry guns is I've been too lazy to find a holster. What's your recommendation there?
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

I personally run the TREX arms Raptor and so do several of my friends. All they have right now in stock is the Sidecar which is a good holster but slightly bulky. The TXC holsters X1 is excellent and one of the guys here at suarez has one. Another good one out there is the PHlster holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    I have lights on a couple of house pistols but don't have them on my carry guns. Thinking about it...I probably should because, crazy as it seems, sometimes I'm out of the house and it's dark.

The primary reason I've failed to get one for carry guns is I've been too lazy to find a holster. What's your recommendation there?
    meanwhile i run a Gerber Holster holster for my aiwb. I can also highly recommend LAS Concealment for a lighted aiwb

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I'm in the same boat as @DogDoc, I have weapon lights on all my carbines and "fighting" pistols, but not on my carry pieces. Primarily because of the holster issue, but also because the P365 and XL aren't compatible with, what I would consider, bright enough lights. Been bothering me, as I do consider weapon lights a necessity, so I will need to just swallow the pill and find appropriate holsters and lights.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

I've come to believe that remote switches are mandatory for WMLs. If you can't turn it on with one hand, and turn it OFF, you're really behind the power curve. Breaking your grip to work the switch with your shooting hand is not acceptable.

The field life of my SureFire "DG" switches was running 6 months or under. After going through 3 (4?) of the things, I dumped the entire system for a Streamlight TLR-1 and their remote switch. That switch will last several years, but it's still a wear item and will ultimately need replacing.

"We Plead the Second", located in the Phoenix area, does excellent work for holsters.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Still have yet to find a reason to have a light on my daily carry. All the reasons from a few years ago still apply today. Theres at least a couple threads on this and a couple articles from Gabe.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Nightstand Glock 19 uses Olight Valkryie PL-2 (I think that's the model).

8 inch .300 BO uses a Surefire Scout light.

10.5 inch 5.56 uses an Olight Odin Mini.

The above two rotate between my car gun and my home defense long gun, mostly because I waffle back and forth.

Scoped 16 inch AR, Scoped M1A Scout Squad have no light. To borrow from Greg, their envelope and niche don't need one.

Same goes for my 12 GA, whose envelope / niche is well described here.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I'm in the same boat as @DogDoc, I have weapon lights on all my carbines and "fighting" pistols, but not on my carry pieces. Primarily because of the holster issue, but also because the P365 and XL aren't compatible with, what I would consider, bright enough lights. Been bothering me, as I do consider weapon lights a necessity, so I will need to just swallow the pill and find appropriate holsters and lights.
    Streamlight makes the TLR-6 specifically for the Sig P365 now without laser as an option. I put this on my girlfriends Smith and Wesson Shield and it works quite well.

please, please for the love of everything that goes bang when its supposed to, do not bring up olight. like everything else in this industry there are acceptable standards. olight does not meat those standards. i dont care about the warranty, i dont care about its quick charge ability. simply put, olight sits on the same bar as lone wolf and swenson.

i understand the discussion is about weapon lights, as me and paul are the ones that decided to bring the topic back into the light, but olight simply doesn't fit the meet any standards that we are trying to maintain

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI