Default Which Holosun / RMR for a Glock 26

Hello,

I am writing to the tribe with a short question:
    Which Holosun is currently the best option for pistols?
    (I have heard anecdotes about the optics with a solar panel being less reliable.)
    Or should I forget holosun and use an RMR?

Some more info:
    It should have a large dot or the 32 MOA circle with a 2 MOA dot (or chevron and other alternatives which enable fast dot and target aquisition) as it is not used for highly precise shooting.
    Size of the optic is not important, so I don´t need anything micro-compact such as the shield.
    I do not care very much about the price (quality is more important) with the exception of the RMR being sold at about the equivalent of 900$ in my AO, whereas holosuns are running between 260$ and 550$ at max.
    Hence, I would only take the RMR option if it really offers a distinctive quality advantage.

Thanks and stay safe and dangerous

The 26 has the full width slide so you could go with a standard Trijicon RMR of course, or a Holosun 507C or 508T (these are the RMR sized Holosuns). I have both and like them. Alternately, you could go with the Shield sized Holosun 507K, which I also have and like. Finally, you could also go with the Holosun 509T which has the enclosed emitter, but will need to find a place to do the slide cut for you, assuming that you want a direct mount with no interface plate.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Thanks for the advice.

I have a place to cut the slide.
    Can you "lock" the illumination setting on the 507C and 508T as well as the 509T?
    I am currently using a docter sight on a Glock17 which automatically adapts the illumination based on the surrounding light. This often leads to a very low setting.
    Is there a notable difference in "window" size between those three?

There is newer version of the holosun

Below is what the internet is saying about a new offering from holosun.
    The Holosun HS507C-X2-ACSS with the ACSS Vulcan reticle with an outer circle. This new set up supposedly allows rapid alignment of the RDS without using the iron sights for the initial alignment.

Does anyone have experience with this.

the ACSS version is nice, but I don't think I prefer it to a regular dot on a pistol in hindsight. You can lock in the brightness on the Holosuns, they will either adjust for brightness or retain their setting. The 507C X2 ACSS or non ACSS are multi reticle so they are similar to an Eotech reticle 32 moa circle with 2 moa dot inside or just the 2 moa dot, whereas the ACSS version has the chevron or chevron inside the circle. There is a lot to be said for a larger 6 moa dot on the RMR for pistol sight acquisition. In limited use, it seems that when using the Circle and dot/chevron combined battery life is reduced, but target acquisition is quicker (maybe as quick as a larger dot). I have several ACSS optics on rifles and on a pistol so I am a fan, I'm still adjusting to it, but all in all the larger dot took no adjusting.

All things considered, I am impressed with the Holosun build quality particular for the price point. I would go with the full size not the CC version RMR if I was to go the RMR route only because it is more versatile if you wanted to use it on a different pistol later. I don't know enough about it to know if there are any other reasons to pick it or not pick it, but that is enough reason for me.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

I have a place to cut the slide.
    Can you "lock" the illumination setting on the 507C and 508T as well as the 509T?
    I am currently using a docter sight on a Glock17 which automatically adapts the illumination based on the surrounding light. This often leads to a very low setting.
    Is there a notable difference in "window" size between those three?
    Yes, you can easily turn off the auto-brightness and the newer Holosuns even have a lockout feature that prevents accidental pushing of the buttons. I don't have any experience with the 509T, but I've read that the window is similar in size to the 507C. The 508T has a slightly smaller window than the 507C because it has a flat top, similar to the RMR, whereas the 507C has a rounded top.

FWIW, I still like the 508T a bit better because of aesthetics and because it's made from Titanium for theoretically increased toughness. Testing has shown them both to be about equal in terms of resistance to abuse, however.

EDIT: The 509T requires a proprietary and unique slide cut for a direct fit. Nice, but only one company here in the US offers that. The 507C and 508T both fit on the standard RMR cut.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-17-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Thank you for the advice.
    I'm going to think about it for a little while. Currently 507C and 509T appear to be the best options for my purposes.

On a side note (in case the info is relevant for others):
    There is a Holosun with a 6MOA dot available but it is one of the microcompact versions.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    There is newer version of the holosun

Below is what the internet is saying about a new offering from holosun.
    The Holosun HS507C-X2-ACSS with the ACSS Vulcan reticle with an outer circle. This new set up supposedly allows rapid alignment of the RDS without using the iron sights for the initial alignment.

Does anyone have experience with this.
    I have two, one in a Gen5 G34 and in a Gen5 G17 both factory MOS.
    They’re great and target acquisition is very fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 508T X2 with a red reticle on my Suarez 419 and tbh I'm sold on it. If you get any holosun make sure to get a "X2" model (basically their gen 2). I had the gen 1 508T and while good the X2 is just better.