Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It is my personal belief one should dedicate one suppressor to one host weapon and call it a day (especially on an AR). With tuning the action, poa/poi, training scars, and what not, I think everything goes smoother that way.
    With SilencerCo Saker and Hybrid with quick connect, I'm not seeing any noticeable shifts of poi, at least in hunting. Had a buddy that used the screw on method and had to sight in every time. Rounds used include 308, 5.56 and 458. In case it helps...
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

It is my personal belief one should dedicate one suppressor to one host weapon and call it a day (especially on an AR). With tuning the action, poa/poi, training scars, and what not, I think everything goes smoother that way.
    Thanks Badger...I did not know that and will investigate this some more. I don't have one yet and there are things like that to consider.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    Thanks Badger...I did not know that and will investigate this some more. I don't have one yet and there are things like that to consider.
    No problem. I certainly don’t want to discourage you from getting suppressors, just sharing my experience and OPINIONS. If you get the chance, shoot someone else’s and continue to ask questions. Again, I love my 22s and don’t know how I ever got along without them. I LIKE my 300. It has real utility. I’m not impressed with my 5.56. Especially for the money.

Also, I know a company that could probably sell you a 300 upper.

I run a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 30 cal on my 300BO which it is adjusted for and then on my bolt guns ranging from a 300 RUM and on down. This is a very versatile setup, but thunderbeast is a thread on design, either direct or onto their brake which mates via a tapered cone. The taper lock is great for accuracy/repeatability but I do run into seizing issues with the 300bo if I don't crack it loose when I am done. This is easily avoided by putting anti-seize on the CB mount but something to keep in mind. The beast cans are light and do well at suppression at the ear but the 300 is still noisy to you, short barrel, loud action.

Handguns, Rugged Obsidian 45. It's huge in full size mode, nice in K. Really quiet, I keep it on my Sig 320 which will stack bullets with it and being a Left thread is nice so it doesn't back off. This can will walk off if you have it on a Right threaded barrel, I would purposely only load about 10 in a mag and retighten after. I contacted Rugged and then sent me new, "redesigned" o-rings. I'll be honest I haven't tested it.

22 can is a huntertown arms thread on. The tax stamp was more than the can but they are great. You may dissassemble to clean, rated for FA 5.7 which was a big deal when I picked it up. Most were only rated to 22 mag, which is fine but I had been entertaining adding a 5.7 to the lineup so it was comforting I guess.

I agree getting a dedicated suppressor is ideal, for reasons mentioned but for noise suppression (extra couple DB of suppression with a matching caliber can). IE a 6.5 suppressor is going to be quieter than a 30 cal on a 6.5 rifle. But if you can only have one, it has to be 30 cal.

Dead Air Sandman Ti. I got it for my bolt guns and its light weight. Mostly shoot 300 BO ... but it will do a magnum load. It's direct thread, which is not everyone's cup o' tea. I can put it on my AR but don't enough to talk about it. If I decide I wanna do that more often I'll get something else.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

My Hybrid 46 doesn't change impact on my 8" .300 but it did on my G19. Which makes sense since the can is bigger than the 19 lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Iím almost 50. There ainít a lot of ďfutureĒ left.
    Iím almost 45 and Jesus Christ I hope I never feel this wayÖ

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

I bought two blem PSA enhanced trigger lowers and am waiting on uppers to come in stock...22LR and 7.62x39. Have the mags, etc. I have 6.5 Grendel and a couple 5.56's and the idea of a silencer with quick connects on the flash hiders is my thinking.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Iím almost 50. There ainít a lot of ďfutureĒ left. And, as I stated, Iíve had better luck with .300 BO in the suppressed role. I think 5.56 suppressed is kind of a PITA and fairly overrated. Do as you see fit.
    Men who make it into their late 40s and take care of themselves (eat right, exercise, get plenty of sleep) will *probably* survive into their 80s, and be healthy and active into their late 70s.

I was up in Leadville this weekend for their 10k, and the winner of the 70+ age group ran something like a 9:40 mile for 6.2 miles at an elevation of 10,000 feet. He beat me like a drum.

And while he didn't have a powerlifter's body, he was relatively broad of chest and had visible musculature on his arms and shoulders.

That could be you or me 20 years from now. I'm planning on it.

20 years ago we were still in Fukuyama "end of history", and the twin towers were still part of the NYC skyline, liberal democracies had "won" over totalitarian regimes.

Now we have a totalitarian crew in the Whitehouse, and have been playing pattycake with terrorists for 20 years.

Where could we be in a year or two?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015