Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Cousin's Kid Working in Kabul

This is one of my cousin's kids, Hunter Clark USMC. I got word last night he's been in Afghanistan the last few weeks and yesterday he was tasked with being part of the 3000 troops heading to the embassy in Kabul for the withdrawal. These days I am not too up to date on what is going on, so not sure what else Captain Dementia has f'ed up this week.

Any words of wisdom I can pass on to him or my cousin? I don't think she is taking this too well but knows he has to do it and knows he will do it to his best.

E3222D98-63D1-4CB6-8337-207A47A988A3.jpg

63FEC01D-B87F-43AA-909E-773C5410E80D.jpg
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

He is in our thoughts and prayers! OOH RAH!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Prayer sent for all involved.
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Prayers sent.

Since you specifically asked for advice, think Mogadishu:

- protect yourself and fellow Marines, first and foremost; you must come home to friends and loved ones

- carry/bring extras and backups of everything, including weapons, ammo, NODs, comms, GPS/PLGRs, BFTs, anti-tank weapons, body armor, extra armored vehicles, turret guns, kevlar blankets, etc. "Two is one, and one is none" is insufficient when you don't have FOBs with QRFs (and resupply) anymore... (and zero time to stop and fix anything)

- plan not only on reactions to the most likely and most dangerous enemy courses of action; plan for 2 or 3 additional ECOAs, as well as as many branches and sequels as you can think of... especially "escape and evade" plans; have your own personal hard copy maps on you, and do your own map recon, if able

- expect multiple, intense, increasing harassing fire and multiple coordinated, complex attacks (both from the start point to the objective, then from the objective to the extraction point; the latter will likely be many times as intense)

- trust your gut and make your own contingency plans and rules of engagement (with your fellow Marines) in addition to the plans and orders pre-determined for you by higher-ups

- get yourself right with God (if not already) and pray long and hard...and continually...throughout mission execution....as the rest of this tribe is already doing...

Godspeed.
    Last edited by StealthNeighbor; 08-15-2021 at 05:57 AM.
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

And don’t rely on the ANA. They will not stand up and fight. The dust there is like talc powder- run very little CLP. The rocks in the mountains shred you boot soles like razor blades- carry extra boots if you can. If he has deployed before, he knows- baby wipes go a long way if you don’t have showers down range.
    Last edited by calbrig1; 08-15-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthNeighbor View Post
    Since you specifically asked for advice, think Mogadishu:

- protect yourself and fellow Marines, first and foremost; you must come home to friends and loved ones

- carry/bring extras and backups of everything, including weapons, ammo, NODs, comms, GPS/PLGRs, BFTs, anti-tank weapons, body armor, extra armored vehicles, turret guns, kevlar blankets, etc. "Two is one, and one is none" is insufficient when you don't have FOBs with QRFs (and resupply) anymore... (and zero time to stop and fix anything)this doesnt make sense. Have you served? Regular units get their body armor issued state side, and there isnt enough SI in arms rooms to double issue anything. You get what is there.

- plan not only on reactions to the most likely and most dangerous enemy courses of action; plan for 2 or 3 additional ECOAs, as well as as many branches and sequels as you can think of... especially "escape and evade" plans; have your own personal hard copy maps on you, and do your own map recon, if ablewhat?Maps arent handed out willy nilly.

- expect multiple, intense, increasing harassing fire and multiple coordinated, complex attacks (both from the start point to the objective, then from the objective to the extraction point; the latter will likely be many times as intense)

- trust your gut and make your own contingency plans and rules of engagement (with your fellow Marines) in addition to the plans and orders pre-determined for you by higher-ups. in the 20 yrs we have been in Afgjanistan, we have NEVER FOR ONE SINGLE DAY been in a Weapons Free status. This is a coordinated retreat with the Dems trying not to look like retards. They will be given a WEAPONS TIGHT status, 100% gauruntee. Making up your own ROE will get you put in prison faster than a black kid raping a white Alabama girl in 1930

- get yourself right with God (if not already) and pray long and hard...and continually...throughout mission execution....as the rest of this tribe is already doing...

Godspeed.
    It makes me crazy when service members post theirngace online.

Current reports of Kabul Airport taking fire and Taliban have taken over Presidential Palace.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 3corners View Post
    Current reports of Kabul Airport taking fire and Taliban have taken over Presidential Palace.
    Indeed. Its going down already. Choppers pulling people out, Afgan Pres has fled and its being called Biden's Siagon.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Maybe China Joe should ask Putin for advice. The Russians have a little experience in leaving Afghanistan.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20