55FEC209-4D35-48D0-9428-558944DF3431.jpeg
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Trying to summon courage to cut brush, so did a little informal return to yesteryear .......................

5. Accuracy--I cut my (shooting) teeth on a Model 10. In my hands,the accuracy of these three guns, which are 40 to 60 years old, was disappointing. I shot them DA except for eight rounds SA from the 681 at about 30 yards.

I shoot more precisely and more accurately with every TDA semiauto I've tested in the past couple of years.

Nostalgia has its place. But there's a 226 in my waistband right now.
    We talk a lot about improving the trigger of a glock, but even the tuned trigger of 1911 can not equal the tuned single action trigger of a quality revolver. One of the N-Frame .357's that have the 8 shot cylinder and a red dot sight, I wonder how one of those with the right ammo would do for headshots?

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    We talk a lot about improving the trigger of a glock, but even the tuned trigger of 1911 can not equal the tuned single action trigger of a quality revolver. One of the N-Frame .357's that have the 8 shot cylinder and a red dot sight, I wonder how one of those with the right ammo would do for headshots?
    Should be fine. You can dial it in and you have all the other advantages of a RDS.

Here is that target. The six outlined in red were center hold. When I saw where they were going I held at the neck on the right side. I heard the first (in green) hit, the other was a miss, even though I'd like to claim that other head shot as the lost round.
    125 Remington JHP at 30 yards out of the 681 six shooter.

Inkedtarget811_LI.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 08-11-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20