Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would look into a holster that does NOT have a hard wedge molded into the Kydex. (Have a Tenicor like this sitting in my big box of holsters, as I did not care for it.)

Try this:

I use the Pedag Perfect Shock Absorbing Heel Pads. (Black, smooth leather on one side, light grey foam on the other.)

The large ones work best on a holster for Glock 19, 17 or similar. The small ones work better on the smaller holsters for a Glock 43, 48, Shield, etc.

They provide just the right amount of cant/camming on the holster, as well as some padding for comfort.

The smooth leather also allows the holster to move a little as you move, without catching/grabbing the material of your particular undergarment like some of the foam and gel ones do.

Being designed for shoes, they also breath a bit so they don’t get terribly sweaty.

I put the soft/hook side of 4”x2” self-adhesive Velcro strips on the back of the holster, and the hard/hook side on the light grey foam part Pedag heel pad so the black smooth leather part faces out/against my body. (Trim the Velcro to fit.)

I used the above set up on a JM Custom AIWB for Brent’s Pistol Groundfighting class he hosted in Washington a couple of years ago.

Worked exceptionally well.

Hope this helps.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    I would look into a holster that does NOT have a hard wedge molded into the Kydex. (Have a Tenicor like this sitting in my big box of holsters, as I did not care for it.)

Try this:

I use the Pedag Perfect Shock Absorbing Heel Pads. (Black, smooth leather on one side, light grey foam on the other.)

The large ones work best on a holster for Glock 19, 17 or similar. The small ones work better on the smaller holsters for a Glock 43, 48, Shield, etc.

They provide just the right amount of cant/camming on the holster, as well as some padding for comfort.

The smooth leather also allows the holster to move a little as you move, without catching/grabbing the material of your particular undergarment like some of the foam and gel ones do.

Being designed for shoes, they also breath a bit so they don’t get terribly sweaty.

I put the soft/hook side of 4”x2” self-adhesive Velcro strips on the back of the holster, and the hard/hook side on the light grey foam part Pedag heel pad so the black smooth leather part faces out/against my body. (Trim the Velcro to fit.)

I used the above set up on a JM Custom AIWB for Brent’s Pistol Groundfighting class he hosted in Washington a couple of years ago.

Worked exceptionally well.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the suggestion. If I don't hear from Tenicor about doing an exchange soon, I'm going to get one of the holsters in the SI store (as I want to get one of the NPE holsters anyway and would rather do one order). I looked up those heel pads and will snag some of those as well, once I get the holster and figure out whether I'd want a pad on it (my Archangel for my VP9 works pretty dang well without it, I think because of its length).

Got an exchange going with Tenicor, so hopefully that will remedy everything nice and easily. I asked them to do an exchange for a 17-length Certum, which will allow me to mess around with pads of my own sort, rather than the molded-in hard ones.

If you have a holster without a built in wedge I like this pillow wedge idea. Just got one for an old Fricke holster. Thought it might be a gimmick but works well and is more comfortable than the foam wedges I have. Just ordered another one of their belts, also. They make good stuff.
    https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/acp-w

Quote Originally Posted by babue View Post
    If you have a holster without a built in wedge I like this pillow wedge idea. Just got one for an old Fricke holster. Thought it might be a gimmick but works well and is more comfortable than the foam wedges I have. Just ordered another one of their belts, also. They make good stuff.
    https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/acp-w
    Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't seen that done before, but that looks interesting. I take it the fill is soft, so that it gives a bit more than closed-cell foam or neoprene wedges?

The fill is soft but still holds it shape. I really did think it was a gimmick but it is doing what it should and is more comfortable. They also make one you can add or remove fill. I am very happy with the regular one.