Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SIZE OPTIMIZED CONTROLS FOR THE 226-229 SERIES

Bigger is NOT better when it comes to decocking levers and slide releases. If you have ever locked the slide of your P-226 open during a firing cycle because your grip activated the slide lock...or failed to lock it open on the last shot - Or if you have ever unintentionally decocked from single action to double action during a string of fire because of your thumb placement, these items are beneficial to you. It is what i run in all my SIGs. More information to follow.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

I’m in.

My duty P227 never slide locks on an empty magazine when shooting RH two hands.

I carry either a G17/48 or a P-series Sig. For me, this is a must have on the P series guns.

smalltab.jpg

Yeah, my thumb tends to ride the slide release. I know the new kids use the release nowadays. But you never know what kind of firearm you may have to deploy, and I'd rather jack the slide and let 'er run.

On the other hand, I've had no trouble with the standard decocker, and the Legion decocker is okay too, even with gloved hands.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-19-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

When SIG brought out the 226, their main competitor was the Beretta and the 59. Both had slide mounted safeties that were somewhat cumbersome. It was a training issue but we know how that goes. The entire SIG curriculum (which I observed firsthand) was intended to show almost reactive decocking every time the pistol came off Point. A stupid thing to do tactically but a selling point to chiefs and liability fearing range staff. The truth - There is no reason or need for a speedy decocking process. So those oversized controls are not only useless but also detrimental to the tactical deployment of the weapon.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    When SIG brought out the 226, their main competitor was the Beretta and the 59. Both had slide mounted safeties that were somewhat cumbersome. It was a training issue but we know how that goes. The entire SIG curriculum (which I observed firsthand) was intended to show almost reactive decocking every time the pistol came off Point. A stupid thing to do tactically but a selling point to chiefs and liability fearing range staff. The truth - There is no reason or need for a speedy decocking process. So those oversized controls are not only useless but also detrimental to the tactical deployment of the weapon.
    A couple of members of my academy class were former sky marshals. One told me he hated the SIG because he had trouble remembering to decock as required and so had trouble qualifying. He was an indifferent shot and I wonder how he was able to pass the TPC.

What was the Swiss take on the use of the decocker?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

More than happy to buy two new slide catches from SI Gabe, definitely experienced this issue with my P229.
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Our range command, given literally thousands of times with the 228/229 was, “Scan. Decock and holster.”

If it's offered here it's for a purpose, I'm in.

I'm new to Sigs, just picked up my first 229 Elite in 357 Sig. So expect some stupid questions.

I need to send mine in and get it worked over.

Have a picture with those optimized controls mounted on a Sig ?