Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,957

    Default Critical Race Theory Proof of Concept.

    Interesting article proposing a link between the current issues in South Africa and the critical race theory concept.

    https://www.revolver.news/2021/07/so...l-race-theory/


    Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

    "Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines In NY State
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Psycho View Post
    Interesting article proposing a link between the current issues in South Africa and the critical race theory concept.

    https://www.revolver.news/2021/07/so...l-race-theory/

    Great article. Equality vs Equity. Martin Luther king and others wanted equality, meaning everyone had equal chances to succeed if they put in the work. Now the liberals want Equity, a forced outcome making lesser producers equal to people who excel at what they do. No company or country can survive that. And IMO when you look at most countries in Africa or the Middle East, they will never be capable of successful self rule because they are too tribal. They will never set aside their tribalism for the greater good of a United country.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Detroit Suburbs
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Jons999 View Post
    Great article. Equality vs Equity. Martin Luther king and others wanted equality, meaning everyone had equal chances to succeed if they put in the work. Now the liberals want Equity, a forced outcome making lesser producers equal to people who excel at what they do. No company or country can survive that. And IMO when you look at most countries in Africa or the Middle East, they will never be capable of successful self rule because they are too tribal. They will never set aside their tribalism for the greater good of a United country.
    Agreed. IMHO Colonialism should not have ended after WW2.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In a positive state of mind
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by glockamolee View Post
    Agreed. IMHO Colonialism should not have ended after WW2.
    Yeah well, you can blame that on the Soviets and their overt/covert support of 'liberation' movements, and the colonial powers, Britain, France, Belgium, Italy, and the Netherlands being effectively bankrupted by two world wars.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,381
    Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Yeah well, you can blame that on the Soviets and their overt/covert support of 'liberation' movements, and the colonial powers, Britain, France, Belgium, Italy, and the Netherlands being effectively bankrupted by two world wars.
    Most of the Colonial Powers were pretty much what the "communists" complained they were--they were basically stripmining their colonies, enslaving (brutally) the natives and generally being horrible people. Even the Brits--who were basically the least evil at it--were absolute monsters in many cases. Look how the Aboriginals of Tasmania and Australia were treated for example.

    The Portuguese in Brazil treated the natives and transported african slaves with almost unimaginable cruelty, putting killing pressures on them in the sugar cane fields and mines.

    I'm not sorry to see the age of colonialism pass. While I believe that much of Western Culture is better, we also have to note that Western Culture also created Marxism, Fascism, Socialism, Progressivism and a whole bunch of other ideas that were about as bright as drinking one's own bath water.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    Most of the Colonial Powers were pretty much what the "communists" complained they were--they were basically stripmining their colonies, enslaving (brutally) the natives and generally being horrible people. Even the Brits--who were basically the least evil at it--were absolute monsters in many cases. Look how the Aboriginals of Tasmania and Australia were treated for example.
    And the Comanche wiped out the Tonkawa.
    And the Hutu were monsters to the Tutsi and vice versa.
    And on and on.
    There is enough shit in the past to go around if people want to start slinging it.
    What is happening today is my concern.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •