Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    Is this a real G26 or a P80 G26?
    Its a true 26

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    or maybe, just try a different recoil unit. ours are a pound heavy
    I originally tried it with a stock spring and thought that might be the issue which is why I bought the SI spring, but it didnt seem to have any effect so I kind of ruled that out.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Could it just be *any* muzzle device? What about a thread protector instead of the comp?

Perhaps the additional weight at the end of the barrel (minor though it may be) is enough to cause you to run into a pre-existing issue that you just haven't noticed until now?

Have you verified that your slide stop release spring is properly installed?

When I installed my SI trigger I didn't have the spring oriented correctly and the result was repeated cycle failures - sometimes every round, sometimes every other round - usually just failure to load, but sometimes other issues. That was of course with the dark alley comp installed, I didn't bother taking the comp off to see if failures were similar with / without.

That of course had nothing to do with the trigger (or comp, or SI barrel...) at all, just my own stupidity :)

After I corrected that issue, it cycled like a dream.
    I'll take a second look but its so straight forward i cant imagine that even I could mess that up.

Will take it out again this weekend. My buddy has a non threaded SI barrel that Im going to try in it just to eliminate what I can. Will report back.

Well no big differences after this weekend.

SI threaded barrel (with Dark Alley on) would stovepipe after every 1 to 3 rounds. Non-threaded SI barrel could get through a mag but stovepipe on the last round. Results were the exact same between four shooters, multiple mags, multiple ammo types and weights so its not a limp wrist like someone is inevitably going to want to say. Extractor is the only other thing that comes to mind but its all new SI internals, installed by SI, so I have a hard time thinking thats the weak link as well.

Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by sefus73 View Post
    Well no big differences after this weekend.

SI threaded barrel (with Dark Alley on) would stovepipe after every 1 to 3 rounds. Non-threaded SI barrel could get through a mag but stovepipe on the last round. Results were the exact same between four shooters, multiple mags, multiple ammo types and weights so its not a limp wrist like someone is inevitably going to want to say. Extractor is the only other thing that comes to mind but its all new SI internals, installed by SI, so I have a hard time thinking thats the weak link as well.

Frustrating.
    YOU CAN ALWAYS EMAIL US AND SET UP AN RMA. I WILL TELL YOU, HOWEVER, WE WILL NEED YOUR FRAME. BECAUSE WITHOUT HAVING YOUR FRAME TO TEST IT WITH, CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY IF IT ENDS UP RUNNING FINE ON A DIFFERENT FRAME.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

copy that