Default How to Hide From Drones

In another thread I mentioned learning about how to hide from drones, air craft and other things. And later that day a friend sent me links that just happened to be on those type of subjects. The drone in the back of his work SUV has some pretty interesting sensors on it...

I don't know a ton about the channel and people behind S2 Underground but a quick glance of their blog and videos makes me think that at least some of them are former Intel people. Similar to Forward Observer. There are other videos on the channel that look interesting that I want to check out as I have time.

This first video uses one of the most recent Marine Camouflage manuals as a quick outline for the video and then goes on to uses different real world pictures and examples of ways to combat being detected by drones. It is geared towards civilians. I have a very surface level understanding of a lot of it but at the very least its though provoking.

This video is of a similar vein but more focused on multispectral imaging sensors and what they can and can't do.

At the least this could server as a way to start a discussion about things that are becoming more and more relevant.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

The Marine Corps put out a guide. It's more relevant as an in the field craft vs. urban.

The guide on pdf
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 06-30-2021 at 11:19 AM.

How to Use Weather to Hide from Drones

Cloud Ceilings

Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Interesting. Anyone have any info on how to effectively spot/locate drones, other than dumb luck or listening hard for the sound of a quad-copter?

Thanks for sharing, Dorkface. Just listened to all those while working on some mindless exam prep. Lot of things to learn in here.

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    Interesting. Anyone have any info on how to effectively spot/locate drones, other than dumb luck or listening hard for the sound of a quad-copter?
    Maybe thermal. I'll check it out to see. Electric motor might not give off enough heat.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

The FAA requires anti collision lighting for all UAS (unmanned aircraft systems) FAA regulations 14CFR 107.

Government and LE systems aren't exempt from this however occasionally larger "drones" will run dim or IR lights (typically only OCONUS) but bottom line.... Put on your NVGs and look up and you can easily see their lights if the are operating over you
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

They do an intel brief on a weekly (ish) basis that reminds me of the update brief from my overseas travels. Nice way to get a collection of some open source information without having to search it all up yourself.

The videos do include some good general information as well.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan