Default Dealing with police impersonator

Evening all,

My wife sent me a link this morning to a story from our AO about a police impersonator attempting to pull motorists over and hold them at gunpoint. I remembered a while back there being some discussion about fake police home invasions, and that calling 911 to verify identities and confirm officers are at your door was likely the best tactic. Things seem a little more interesting when in a moving vehicle however, and I'd be interested in y'all's thoughts on the matter. Article below, and some of my thoughts to start with:

https://abc13.com/waller-county-inve...n-on/10824312/

1. Victim got away, suspect at large.
    2. She used the vehicle to create space, and went to a safe area (relative's house).
    3. Local PD is really putting the message out there, which I'm pleased to see - particularly about traffic stop protocol and markings/uniforms.
    4. I appreciate Waller County Sheriff Guidry validating what the possible victim did - I think it was the right call to drive away and call police as well - but Waller County is a more sane place than others in the AO.

All that being said - the human terrain has changed a great deal in the past 18 months. Depending on your area and many other factors, this could have gone quite differently. I still think using the vehicle and contacting 911 is likely the best option, but I'd be interested (and my wife also) to hear what the Tribe thinks.

Thanks in advance!
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    - Richard Rahl, The Sword of Truth

And then in Arkansas....a woman isn’t certain that a police stop at night is legit, so she slows down, turns on her hazard lights, and intends to proceed to a well-lit and populated area. The impatient cop executes a PIT maneuver, which flips her minivan. She was pregnant.

Some days I may be too eager for the rapture.
    Virtute et Armis

The population of the planet is really getting more stupid by the day. I will blame it on the Covid Vaccine...because I can. Memento Mori...Memento Vivere.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Slow down, hit hazards, call 911 and confirm , pull over first safe place if confirmed , go to populated location if unsure. Hint if there are’s suddenly two or three similar vehicles with lights on, it probably legit.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Head to the nearest PD or SO.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

If it isn't a clearly marked PD vehicle, not stopping.

Appreciate the insight guys, my wife does as well. Pretty much in line with my thinking, but I thought I'd ask.

Cheers
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    - Richard Rahl, The Sword of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Slow down, hit hazards, call 911 and confirm , pull over first safe place if confirmed , go to populated location if unsure. Hint if there are’s suddenly two or three similar vehicles with lights on, it probably legit.
    .... If the cop doesn’t interpret that as “attempting to flee,” and decide that the proper response is to PIT your vehicle within 2 minutes of initiating the stop. Not very likely, but apparently the odds of that are NOT zero. Sometimes, you can do everything right, and still
    get fucked up. All we can do is improve our odds, but nothing is a guarantee.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.