Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I've got to admit, I'm not much of a revolver guy. Apart from my 638 & 3" model 10 I do enjoy large bore revolvers as well. My .454 Casull's are long gone.
    My BBQ gun. S&W 625-3 in .45 ACP. If I feel the need for more power, I can also shoot 45 Supers in it.

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Yup, sometimes you just gotta go with a wheel...

The J, the N-25 and the bigger N-25

89C8AB71-B5A4-44CE-89B1-AB554DE0872F.jpeg

A43B58EE-DB80-4A2D-912D-90ABB1D860FF.jpg

A snubby, but not a J-Frame. A S&W L frame five shot 44 Special...the first generation before the lock and MIM parts. My favorite woods loafing gun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just realized this didn't post the first time, 325PD.

325.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Just realized this didn't post the first time, 325PD.
    Nice. Kinda always wanted one of those.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Given the light weight, it’s rather snappy. But, it hides well in a barn coat and nooks and crannies in various cars. Moon clips make for fast reloads.

I will say that cheap practice ammo (Blaser Brass, for instance) doesn’t have enough neck tension. The gun recoils so fast, the bullets jump the crimp. No issues with quality carry ammo.

If you run the ammo through a taper crimp die (brass cases , I do not know about others) you MAY be able to keep it from jumping crimp.

Nice gun Brent,I carried a 6"M57 back in the day,backed up by a S&W469.Only thing I shot at with the M57 was car tires and it well.
    ked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I havenít even been able to shoot it yet and Iím already in love.

Cocking back the hammer is a pure joy. And pressing the trigger is almost sexually satisfying.

I have not done my research yet tracking down the serial number. I donít know when they stopped making these model 58s. But this thing looks brand new. She had a good first home. But now sheís mine.
    I'm a little late to the fair with this one, but congratulations on a truly sexy sixgun!

I'm a big fan of the .41 Magnum; some of the most accurate shooting I've ever done is with a .41, and I definitely get the allure of a custom 58.

M58 Custom.jpg

Mine was built in the 1970's by F. Bob Chow of San Francisco, for a SFPD officer who'd bought his model 58 duty gun from the department when he'd retired. The DA trigger is astonishingly smooth, and it is as accurate a revolver as you could ever find.
    "I'd rather live in a violent tumultuous, but free land, than in a controlled, safe, but oppressed one." - Gabe Suarez.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Beautiful man stopper there Brent. I do love big bore revolvers, since I was little. I got my hands on a Lew Horton 624 in .44 Special. It's my choice for BBQ gun.
    Attachment 61647
    I'm a fan of that platform too; I have one of the Lew Horton 24-3's, and it's an absolute tackdriver....

M24 Accuracy.jpg
    "I'd rather live in a violent tumultuous, but free land, than in a controlled, safe, but oppressed one." - Gabe Suarez.