Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TWO WHEELS

NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

If/when I think of bikes that fit the "gentleman killer" persona the list gets really short...
    It would have to be quick, nimble, reliable and mean. Not a 2 wheeled couch, a meth cookers wet dream or a bike for the gender confused hipsters.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

ďAdversity introduces a man to himself.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I agree that itís not a given one will lay the bike down. And that itís all about the riderís limits.

Nonetheless, I would recommend a great $10k bike over a great $30k bike for a first time bike owner.
    100% agreed Brent. There IS a learning curve when first starting, just like any other skill.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    To clarify my point, because I don't want to be misunderstood: I'm not saying that you have to lay the bike down. My point is just that you need to be willing to creep up to the edge. And I've been guilty of having a bike that I was unwilling to push as hard as I could have. I also had a bike that was a bit worn--not entirely a beater--that was a lot more fun, because I was willing to risk it.
    I get what youíre saying bro and you're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Attachment 61614

I really dig the Honda Rebel 1100.
    That is a sinister looking bike!!!

I love Harleys by the way. I just don’t want to pay the premium for them.

But number one, and this goes for bikes, guns, whisky, everything...buy what you want, no matter what anyone else says.

If I didn’t have other priorities, I would own a small squadron of bikes. They are like guns, you always want one more.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Default Some options and perspective

36BDD9A9-7843-4390-B9CF-27406CDD69DB.jpeg Harley Davidson Road King Special (touring)
    44E2D6C9-CD09-4181-B42C-F087894E1FA7.jpeg Yamaha V-Max (THE muscle bike)
    D4B988F6-E34C-4EE5-A29C-967DD91D8067.jpeg Harley Davidson Low Rider S (cruiser)
    B337B946-B973-4FD9-AAB9-6473573C65C5.jpeg Kawasaki ZX14 Concours (sport touring)
    10CB0D45-E8B1-43DE-8415-E927FD01EE67.jpeg Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster (classic?)
    5587B84E-3DEF-4043-BECB-303038713386.jpeg Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883 (quite a bike with the 1200 or 1250 big bore kit and cam.
    Last edited by res308; 06-22-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    But number one, and this goes for bikes, guns, whisky, everything...buy what you want, no matter what anyone else says.
    YES! There’s the master key to this whole thing right there. Doesn’t matter what anyone wants you to have. What matters is the one that’s right for you.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

Default Current Ride

BTW,

This is my current ride. Definitely not for beginners, but a great hwy touring bike. Heavy weight is an advantage when dealing with high side winds or big rigs on the open road. Just ride through west Texas with 50 mph gusts will make a believer out of you. That used to pucker my butt when riding my BMW R1200RT, but my Harley Roadglide Ultra handles that with ease. Not really a bang around town bike, but a great open road cycle. I have full wireless intercom to listen to tunes or turn directions from my gps. If you are a single rider, maybe not for you, but my wife really enjoys the passenger accommodations on this bike. We've done several tours together and honestly get along much better than we ever have riding cooped up in a car or truck.

http://www.warriortalk.com/attachmen...1&d=1558462818

Cranky Old Guy

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Army Jan 73 - Dec 79

"We don't want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men."

ďIn case of doubt, attack.Ē
    ― George S. Patton Jr.

"If the government is the answer, then the question is stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Aesthetics are important. That is why we wash our faces and comb our hair and wear clean clothes. Not a chrome guy...I am thinking more of a blacked out look...like my other vehicles.
    I could see you on an Indian Scout Bobber, flat black.

I could also see you enjoying a Ducati Monster, a little more sophisticated, or perhaps a BMW NineT, modern take on a retro look.

All have attitude, but are a little off-beat and more rare than a Harley.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO