Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: TWO WHEELS

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester67 View Post
    If they say it is too little to tour on...well, I will compare my road trip atlas to theirs.
    To be fair, most Harley guys weigh enough that they need a bike that size (which is also true of BMW and Goldwing riders, but they have the excuse of being old).
    Last edited by BillyOblivion; 08-03-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Rode a cafe-ed out kz1000 (think of what the toecutter rode in mad max) from omaha to sturgis in one go and raced spearfish canyon in 92. Ended up watching foghat live at buffalo chip and sleeping under a tarp tied to my bike... Good times. Took a versys 650 on a multi state 4000 mile trip a couple years ago without issue. While the bike can be selected or tuned for a focused purpose (and usually are), the rider can expand the envelope, I did a couple hundred miles of forestry road (admittedly Not two or single track) on a concours 1400.

Plan on taking my new MT-09 on a multi state trip in the near future, a couple of mods and some determination and it shouldnt be an issue, plus I will be able to rip any twisties I get on the trip.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time