Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    i'll be doing some digging into the packs, but this is what i have available for the axe right now

Specs
    FORTE Details
    HEAD Tempered Carbon Steel Head (c60/1060)
    BLADE FINISHING Blue Polished
    HANDLE American Appalachian Hickory
    HANDLE FINISHING Water-resistant Finish
    LENGTH 22“ / 28"
    WEIGHT 3 lbs or 1.3 Kg
    Wow, that is a thing of beauty and utility for lots of things.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by STG View Post
    Thing I’ve always wanted: A bag clips into battle belts, or bag waste belt that doubles as battle belt. The bag would be in the ruck sack size so bigger than three day/assault pack.
    You might look into the Kifaru line of packs, the Omni belt system sounds like what you're looking for.

The WOOX Forte looks pretty close to what I would like. Questions what is the length from the top of the ace head to the end of the grip?
    FORTE_FORTE-X-infographic-measurement-100.jpg

I really like Kifaru packs used one for close to 10 years. The belt system I would ideally like would have a quick detach feature, I don’t think the Omni belt does that.

One of the most useful things pack wise I have, Kifaru Pullouts. I have a ton of the ultralight. Make organizing bags much easier. Use them every day with gym closes and shoes.
    May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk.

If we are committed to anything, it is the idea of “liberty.” If that commitment doesn’t really refer to anything except a good inner feeling, we ought to shut up about it.
    Charles L Black Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by STG View Post
    The WOOX Forte looks pretty close to what I would like. Questions what is the length from the top of the ace head to the end of the grip?
    FORTE_FORTE-X-infographic-measurement-100.jpg
    From looking at the diagram, it looks like the answer would be about 1.75-2" less than the overall length, depending on whether it's a 22 or 28".
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    From looking at the diagram, it looks like the answer would be about 1.75-2" less than the overall length, depending on whether it's a 22 or 28".
    i would agree, don't know a whole lot about axes outside of using them, specifics, handle shapes head styles are definitely not my forte, so input is definitely appreciated. i can tell you if we put these up, 22" will be 140, while the 28" will be 150

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    might have found something, 2;b 0.64oz that wont break the bank. the OSPREY TALON 22. lemme know what you think https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product...ALON22F20.html
    That one may just fit my needs perfectly. Currently have a Camelbak hydration backpack, basically just the hydration bladder and small compartment, and need something one size up as the Camelbak is proving too small with current needs. My other packs are on the larger end and too big for day hikes in the heat.

Looks like you may have a Goldilocks pack there ShopMonkey. I like it.

edit: I saw the comment about the hip belt being too high. That actually may be better when in conjunction with AIWB. I’ll “suffer” without a hip belt before I put the pistol in the pack. A hiking pack that just barely fits an AR pistol with relatively fast access would be welcome also.
    Last edited by Captain Ron; 06-25-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    You might look into the Kifaru line of packs, the Omni belt system sounds like what you're looking for.
    2nd this... good gear.

Another place to check into dealer options is Hill People Gear.

I’m not sure how becoming a dealer works for Kifaru or HPG, but I can attest to their quality. (Eberlestock too, my external framed rig is an Eberlestock team elk.). Brent, it IS heavier gear, but it takes a beating.

Piggybacking on Brent's question about packs and warbelts—I wouldn't mind an option, or at least some advice, on packs that fit the fairer sex well. My wife and I want to go backpacking at some point, but she needs a pack (I've already got a Kelty Coyote 80L backcountry pack). Thinking Osprey or Kelty but open to other ideas and buying something through SI, to be sure.

I’d highly recommend you start out small whatever you decide to carry. There’s a lot of shit talkers who claim they will buy everything and will even tell you what you should stock…but they apparently don’t seem to find their way to the store. I’d suggest maybe trying some group buys or similar to get the ball rolling.

I have several Osprey packs and I'm really happy with the quality/value balance. They are made in Vietnam which might be an issue for some customers.
    DPS
    PSP
    CRG
    KRG
    0-5
    TASI
    APSP