Hybrid View

Default SI Outdoors - Testing the waters

we are testing the waters here, but have desire to bring fieldcraft equipment with a tactical mindset to the webstore, as we know damn well, not all of you live in the burbs. this will include new products like edgeware, chassis systems good for hunting the forests (wooded and concrete) as well as, eventually, basic needs that you'd find in the packs of those experienced in the back country. these will be quality products, if we wouldn't use them you wont find it here. we would absolutely be open to suggestions and input during this testing, to make sure we can continue putting quality in your hands. We will also be bringing more services with this category, the first being bolt action rifle bedding.
    https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-outdoors/

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Love to see it. Tell us more about that blade please?

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Love to see it. Tell us more about that blade please?
    same info is in the product description:
    Rock 62 Details
    STEEL Sleipner Steel
    ROCKWELL HRC 60-62
    COMPOSITION • Carbon: 0.9
    • Chromium: 7.8
    • Manganese: 0.5
    • Silicon: 0.9
    • Molybdenum: 2.5
    • Vanadium: 0.5
    BLADE FINISHING Mil-Spec
    HANDLE Walnut
    TANG Full Tang
    BLADE SIZE 4 ¼” or 11 cm
    HANDLE SIZE 4 ¾” or 12 cm
    WEIGHT 8.8 ounces or 250 g
    BLADE THICKNESS 5/32" or 0.5 cm
    OVERALL LENGTH 9 ½" or 24 cm
    HANDLE THICKNESS ¾" or 1.9 cm

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Very nice, I look forward to seeing what's to come.

Yes. As a survival instructor, hiker, backpacker and bushcrafter, outdoor skills are paramount to long-term survival.

And you may have just sold me my next EDC knife...
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Yes. As a survival instructor, hiker, backpacker and bushcrafter, outdoor skills are paramount to long-term survival.

And you may have just sold me my next EDC knife...
    we all have our specific tastes when it comes to gear, and while there will be a lot that we don't carry, because holy shit options, we intend to offer the general necessities. i'm glad you have found something to suit your needs with the slim pickings we have up so far.

the big thing for us to have to try to work our way around, is becoming dealers. a lot of companies, including ours require minimum order or annual amounts to maintain dealer status, or dealer incentive with a larger margin based on amount ordered or sold. we want to make sure that we can bring you good gear, but we also have to make sure that we arent sitting on inventory for months or years in this endeavor just to make a buck. but i'm sure like many folks, packs alone are made up of a myriad of brands, depending on use and need, so should we start offering packs, it will need to be something that offers something to everyone.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

I can’t honestly think of anything I need at the moment, but if you guys decide to curate more “outdoorsy” gear with the same quality and utility you’ve put into your own products , I will definitely be checking out the store.

This may be a long shot, but if you’re branching out a bit, any interest in gear/equipment for junior staff? I yanked my kid, my support, and my money from Boy Scouts a year ago when they came out in support of BLM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    - Richard Rahl, The Sword of Truth