Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,199

    Default SI Outdoors - Testing the waters

    we are testing the waters here, but have desire to bring fieldcraft equipment with a tactical mindset to the webstore, as we know damn well, not all of you live in the burbs. this will include new products like edgeware, chassis systems good for hunting the forests (wooded and concrete) as well as, eventually, basic needs that you'd find in the packs of those experienced in the back country. these will be quality products, if we wouldn't use them you wont find it here. we would absolutely be open to suggestions and input during this testing, to make sure we can continue putting quality in your hands. We will also be bringing more services with this category, the first being bolt action rifle bedding.
    https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-outdoors/

    Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    229
    Love to see it. Tell us more about that blade please?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Love to see it. Tell us more about that blade please?
    same info is in the product description:
    Rock 62 Details
    STEEL Sleipner Steel
    ROCKWELL HRC 60-62
    COMPOSITION • Carbon: 0.9
    • Chromium: 7.8
    • Manganese: 0.5
    • Silicon: 0.9
    • Molybdenum: 2.5
    • Vanadium: 0.5
    BLADE FINISHING Mil-Spec
    HANDLE Walnut
    TANG Full Tang
    BLADE SIZE 4 ” or 11 cm
    HANDLE SIZE 4 ” or 12 cm
    WEIGHT 8.8 ounces or 250 g
    BLADE THICKNESS 5/32" or 0.5 cm
    OVERALL LENGTH 9 " or 24 cm
    HANDLE THICKNESS " or 1.9 cm

    Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,219
    Very nice, I look forward to seeing what's to come.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    125
    Yes. As a survival instructor, hiker, backpacker and bushcrafter, outdoor skills are paramount to long-term survival.

    And you may have just sold me my next EDC knife...
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Yes. As a survival instructor, hiker, backpacker and bushcrafter, outdoor skills are paramount to long-term survival.

    And you may have just sold me my next EDC knife...
    we all have our specific tastes when it comes to gear, and while there will be a lot that we don't carry, because holy shit options, we intend to offer the general necessities. i'm glad you have found something to suit your needs with the slim pickings we have up so far.

    the big thing for us to have to try to work our way around, is becoming dealers. a lot of companies, including ours require minimum order or annual amounts to maintain dealer status, or dealer incentive with a larger margin based on amount ordered or sold. we want to make sure that we can bring you good gear, but we also have to make sure that we arent sitting on inventory for months or years in this endeavor just to make a buck. but i'm sure like many folks, packs alone are made up of a myriad of brands, depending on use and need, so should we start offering packs, it will need to be something that offers something to everyone.

    Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AR15ONA
    Posts
    454
    +1 on the knife.


    Will probably be ordering one soon.


    Completely understand the practicality of offering different items. Got my favorite EDC belt from the shop (HSGI).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western WA
    Posts
    6,485
    One thing I've always wanted is a reasonably lightweight hiking pack that will work in conjunction with a battle belt.

    I haven't found one that fits exactly what I want. Most tactical gear is pretty heavy compared to hiking packs...I know, more durability, etc. But I want something medium size, as light as possible, that works in conjunction with the belt (because I'm already carrying the weight of the belt & gear).

    I know it's pretty niche.

    I went on a 3 day hike with an Eberlstock (I forget which, the Gunfighter??). The pack is good quality, well made...but I think poorly designed. It's fucking heavy for what it is. I think it's a good thing for specific, special purposes where one isn't walking that far...but big hikes, no. I did not pack too much shit, and my pack was SIGNIFICANTLY heavier than the packs of the guys I was with (and no, I didn't have a gun in the pack...I know that's what it's for, but this was my first big test of the pack). I have not used it since except as a grab and go pack with my bolt gun.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

    Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

    Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

    Upcoming classes:

    Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    One thing I've always wanted is a reasonably lightweight hiking pack that will work in conjunction with a battle belt.

    I haven't found one that fits exactly what I want. Most tactical gear is pretty heavy compared to hiking packs...I know, more durability, etc. But I want something medium size, as light as possible, that works in conjunction with the belt (because I'm already carrying the weight of the belt & gear).

    I know it's pretty niche.

    I went on a 3 day hike with an Eberlstock (I forget which, the Gunfighter??). The pack is good quality, well made...but I think poorly designed. It's fucking heavy for what it is. I think it's a good thing for specific, special purposes where one isn't walking that far...but big hikes, no. I did not pack too much shit, and my pack was SIGNIFICANTLY heavier than the packs of the guys I was with (and no, I didn't have a gun in the pack...I know that's what it's for, but this was my first big test of the pack). I have not used it since except as a grab and go pack with my bolt gun.
    thats exactly the kind of info we need, because while we are looking at eberle, specifically the gunslinger 2, it is a 6lb 8oz pack 3-day pack with an aluminum frame. we will definitely need to do some more research to find something lighter weight

    Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,199
    we also have availability for the pack they call the little trick at 3lb 9oz that may be more up your alley or maybe not. take a look when you get a chance, let me know what you think

    https://eberlestock.com/collections/...7-little-trick

    Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •