Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I’d highly recommend you start out small whatever you decide to carry. There’s a lot of shit talkers who claim they will buy everything and will even tell you what you should stock…but they apparently don’t seem to find their way to the store. I’d suggest maybe trying some group buys or similar to get the ball rolling.
    lol, well aware, thats why we're only doing 34 slides once a year now

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I own a few Hill People Gear packs and kit bags. I was just in Arches and Canyonlands doing some day hiking with my family. I had an Umlindi with out the belt as my day pack and a kit bag with my SI G-26 across my chest. The rangers and other folks on the trail had no idea. They are internal frame packs and are a bit heavy, but bomb proof, but with the best harness in the business. They are are also like Legos where you can mix and match packs and pack pouches. You can also strap all manner of carry items in different configurations such as rifles. The guys running it used to be wilderness fire fighters and they have carried some loads. Their packs are USA made and sewn by First Spear. Their waist belts have pals and you can attach their pouches, or you can add your own and use it as a battle belt. I have had the Eberlestock packs and did not think they were as comfortable and they were heavy!!! Not sure about the logistics of carrying them in the store, but I do know there are companies that do.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShack View Post
    I own a few Hill People Gear packs and kit bags. I was just in Arches and Canyonlands doing some day hiking with my family. I had an Umlindi with out the belt as my day pack and a kit bag with my SI G-26 across my chest. The rangers and other folks on the trail had no idea. They are internal frame packs and are a bit heavy, but bomb proof, but with the best harness in the business. They are are also like Legos where you can mix and match packs and pack pouches. You can also strap all manner of carry items in different configurations such as rifles. The guys running it used to be wilderness fire fighters and they have carried some loads. Their packs are USA made and sewn by First Spear. Their waist belts have pals and you can attach their pouches, or you can add your own and use it as a battle belt. I have had the Eberlestock packs and did not think they were as comfortable and they were heavy!!! Not sure about the logistics of carrying them in the store, but I do know there are companies that do.
    i was actually just on their site this morning and it didnt even occur to me to check out their packs

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I'll come in as third voice for the Hill People Gear stuff. I have a couple of their chest rigs that I've used in prior life in Search & Rescue and that I've used for backcountry trail running. Their packs are great, I have a Ute and love it. Their stuff is very modular and not super heavy, but is quite durable.
    "Always shoot first...that way they know you're armed."
    - Orrin Porter Rockwell

I'm just reading this for interest.
    And I've come to realize that although all my packs are not junk. They're antiques in many ways. Lowe I've heard ain't what they used to be. Not even sure if the subdivision that made my old pack is still operating. And MEI..Maybe but the 3 day ruck is gone and travel pack ain't made of Ballistic Nylon or heavy cordura.

ok tribe, we got our first order from WOOX in, containing one of the ROCK 62 knives, the 22" axe and a Wildman Chassis. i must admit i am impressed by all. The knife is reminiscent of a good old original buck, randall or case in quality, heft and overall feel, and is absolutely sharp as fuck, so if you decide to get one, don't fuck with it, it will cut the shit outta ya.

the axe is sturdy and lightweight. you don't see too many axe heads on the market these days either that come with a wax shield over the edge, most aren't sharp enough for it this one however, is. the overall feel of it makes me want to go out back and start swingin, but its not mine.

the stock is for swamp thing and its an absolute beauty. he's in the middle of slow rust blueing the barreled action right now, but as soon as he's done with that he's going to post up pictures.

if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, me or paul will be happy to answer whatevers on your mind

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Default Wildman Precision Stock on a Rem 700 in 25-06

25-06.jpg

Just finished my complete Re Finish on my old Rem 700. I did old school Rust Blueing on the barrel and action. The restocked it since the old stock broke and went with the Long action Wildman Precision with the Dark Forest finish. Nice part is now the rifle accepts magazines as well instead of the old BDL stock. I will be shooting it later this week. Much lighter and balances better than the factory wood. Beautiful finish and quality work for Woox.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post

Just finished my complete Re Finish on my old Rem 700. I did old school Rust Blueing on the barrel and action. The restocked it since the old stock broke and went with the Long action Wildman Precision with the Dark Forest finish. Nice part is now the rifle accepts magazines as well instead of the old BDL stock. I will be shooting it later this week. Much lighter and balances better than the factory wood. Beautiful finish and quality work for Woox.

That's a sweet looking rifle. It looks modern without the tactical utilitarian appearance.

I plan on hunting with this rifle. I have a Tactical 308 but this is for heavy use while hunting. I have had dozens of bolt actions over the years and this is one of the most well balanced, lightweight stocks ive ever had. I also like the magazines the old BDL bottom metal gets annoying especially when its snowing and you have gloves on. This will be a phenomenal multi use rifle.

JMO but coming from the survival/prepper/ hunting side of the house..The Crusader MKII cookset, which is unavailable in the US, and for whatever reason the brits are Fookin crazy for shipping charges when they are in stock anywhere in the UK.

I met up with BCB intl at SHOT 2020 and also expressed a desire for them to have a us supplier, then COVID hit and they stopped answering emails. Id be up for 2-3 of these sets if the insane charges for shipping to individuals was a little better. Just an idea.

They do have a wholesale program and Id pimp your store for having them. https://www.bcbin.com/Catalogue/Prod...II-6-Piece-Set

Those Axes are a fine looking piece of steel
    Last edited by Tracker; 07-29-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: posted the wrong page link, I meant theMKII
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.