Default The 11-11-11 Workout

The 11-11-11 Workout

1. 11 Box Jumps...followed by 11 Burpees

2. 11 Bench Bottom Pistol Squats (one legged pistol squats, squatting down to touch the bench and back up, 11 with the right and 11 with the left)...followed by 11 Burpees

3. Split Squat Jumps (one leg in front, one behind, squat to basically a lunge positon and jump...alternating each side so effectively 22)...followed by, you guessed it, 11 Burpees

4. 11 Clapping Plyo Pushups...yes, more fucking burpees

5. 11 Handstand Pushups (feet touching the wall, or us DBs or KBs), 11 more fucking burpees

6. 11 Plank Walkouts...followed by gasping for air

11 exercises for 11 reps (22 in some cases to cover right and left) and the goal is to get this done in 11 minutes.

These suck. First time I did it was 12:27. Just now, 11:50. So some improvement anyway.

Try it. Not fun.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

This looks hard, I gotta do it! Many thanks.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

I forgot to give credit to Jeff Cavalier from Ahlean-X, it’s in one of his programs.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

That fiend.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

I will be happy when I can just do a normal workout.

Hate those dam burpees.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

I hate burpees too. Which is mainly why I am doing them.

They are a very efficient workout though. Even if one modifies the movement so it’s less strenuous, it’s still a great routine. Just scale it back to a level you can do. Less ballistic, maybe push up from the edge of a bench, just stand up rather than jump.

Most things can be scaled back as necessary for injuries, fitness levels, etc.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

That is great advise. I have been doing the press ups on the bench recommended by one of the other guys. I also have been doing pullups on the rings with my feet on the ground. I like both. Yesterday the physical therapist worked the crap out of me doing squats with different weight dumbbells. Along with other stuff. Didn't hurt yesterday, but a little sore today. I just have to watch which way I turn so it doesn't tweak the nerve. It is defiantly an improvement which I am stoked about.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    That is great advise. I have been doing the press ups on the bench recommended by one of the other guys. I also have been doing pullups on the rings with my feet on the ground. I like both. Yesterday the physical therapist worked the crap out of me doing squats with different weight dumbbells. Along with other stuff. Didn't hurt yesterday, but a little sore today. I just have to watch which way I turn so it doesn't tweak the nerve. It is defiantly an improvement which I am stoked about.
    That is awesome.

I am a big fan of doing things that are unbalanced. Like a farmer carry...rather than carry a heavy weight in both hands, I like carrying heavy on one side. The core has to compensate to maintain the posture. I try to do that every day but I forget.

Or carrying weight on both sides, but different weights. One of my favorites is pressing a weight up to full extension over head, with a heavier weight in the other hand. And then walking around. With special attention on turning...that overhead weight wants to hurt you.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes: