Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's in your pocket?

I am in need of a replacement for my pocketknife. Looking for something 3.5" or less, preferably assisted opening and strong lock mechanism. My "standby" for years has been a kershaw knockout. I purchased one a decade ago to meet certain travel size restrictions and be affordable enough to not mind loosing the confiscation discussion if it occurred.

There seems to be some internal family dispute about whether or not my adult daughter returned it.... either way, I am currently not as happy with plan b, but before I just replace it with another of the same kind, I thought I would ask the tribe if there was something I might be overlooking.

Thanks in advance,
    --Chris

I've lost several knives at work and had one taken as evidence. Now, my Emerson CQC-7 stays at home.

I'm using a CRKT M-21. It works really well, and I won't cry if I lose another one.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Good info here that won't steer you wrong.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...Fighting-Knife
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Ive carried the fixed blade version of this for a few years ,obviously the folder brings the usual pros and cons. Crosses,uppercuts ,jabs hooks ,nothing changes with this in your hand.https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/wps-fox-folder-coyote/

I've been pocket carrying the Amtac Blades Northman, which is a 3.5" fixed blade that is very stabby and disappears in their pocket sheath that has a clip that hides 90-95% of the blade in the pocket. It really looks not very different than a folder in the pocket with the advantage you're not starting with a broken knife. So far I really like it.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Partial to Spyderco. Their Military, Paramilitary 2, Delica are lights out

Second the Spyderco PM2. That's my EDC blade, all day every day. But I also really like the CRKT M21 Sam Spade referenced—carried one of those until I got enamored with S30V steel and snagged a good deal on the PM2. If I could get a folder in my favorite steel, 1095 Cro-Van, would do it.

What sort of lock do you prefer? Frame lock, Axis Lock, liner lock? Lots of options. You have nailed down a size, now figure what action you want and why. Related note, why assisted open? What attributes of that matter to you and why?

My preference as of late has been the Williams designed series by CRKT. I like the style of blade as well as they sharpen easily and if one gets lost or stolen by a foreign customs agent it's not a big deal.
    20210620_145806.jpg
    20210620_145921.jpg
    In my pocket at this moment is the Hissatsu folder (bottom ) 3.87" blade assisted open. When I'm working and I want a larger folder I carry Otanashi Noh Ken 4.52" blade frame lock. For a concealed fixed blade the Yukanto 4.54" is my go to. And as a large "combat" knife the full size Hissatsu 7.13" is what I mount to my war belt.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

I love my Spyderos! I like the huge hole opening system. I carry a Native model in my left pocket and either another Native or an Enduro in my right. I also like CRKT stuff too! I like their flippers to open. Use to carry a large folder at work that had a double lock system so when it opened, it really staid open.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!