Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I took my first Suarez course many years ago. The things I learned were so awesome and enlightening that they were as powerful, influential and memorable as the first time I got my ass whupped. I learned about the WT truism "you don't know what you don't know".

The guy with the ad for the "hand badge" is a guy just trying to make a buck. He's trying to make a sale to the one's who "don't know what they don't know".

Suarez International graduates... we see through this like a wet tee shirt.
    There is no security in life, only varying degrees of risk. Gen. Douglas MacArthur

I think it's 50/50 that the badge gets screened out by the brain and the focus on the danger of the drawn gun will be what gets seen. We all know of stories where ON DUTY cops get shot because of mistaken identity.

I never really carried a badge off duty, and if something happened where I had to do bad things to worse people off duty, I wasn't going to ID myself in the process until the end, so this wouldn't have worked for me.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

I don't think a real bad guy will be impressed with his badge, and would bet that the first uniform that he pointed his gun at would be too busy shooting him to the ground to notice it.

This is a case of overthinking a problem and attributing magical properties to a symbol that will, in the heat of the moment, be ignored by everyone but the Wizard wielding it.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

This!