Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliakim View Post
    Also, anybody who would throw another man's revolver into the woods because it licked too hard is a bonehead.
    Which is why I no longer associate with that group of people. Distance from disorder!
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

What are the thoughts about .327 Magnum in one of these guns? It supposedly hits at least as hard as .38 Special +P, with the advantage of one extra round. Assuming that ammo for it was easy enough to get ahold of, and one already had a J-frame in .38, would you consider the .327 Mag sufficient out of such a short barrel?
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    What are the thoughts about .327 Magnum in one of these guns? It supposedly hits at least as hard as .38 Special +P, with the advantage of one extra round. Assuming that ammo for it was easy enough to get ahold of, and one already had a J-frame in .38, would you consider the .327 Mag sufficient out of such a short barrel?
    .327 Federal is a great caliber and revolvers chambered for it have the advantage of also being able to shoot the .32 H&R Magnum, .32 S&W Long/Short, and .32 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    .327 Federal is a great caliber and revolvers chambered for it have the advantage of also being able to shoot the .32 H&R Magnum, .32 S&W Long/Short, and .32 ACP.
    Good to know. I like the idea of having an extra round onboard, but was wondering if the caliber had enough penetration and terminal performance from such a short barrel. If it does, I think it would be a superior choice over the .38.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

327 is a good round. It's greatest shortcoming is that there are very few manufacturers making guns that chamber it.

In a short barrel, the 32 H&R magnum is good too. It gives you the sixth round in the j frame too. It suffers the same shortcoming. Just not enough demand to justify major manufacturing and sales.

If I came across a 432, the Centennial style j frame in 32 H&R, for a reasonable price I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

I saw a S&W 32 (I believe model 632) on gunbroker some months ago. I wanted it badly. Was not willing to pay $3000+ for it though.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas