Default New arm brace rule change released by ATF

Nothing good here. Also nothing I saw in a first read-through regarding a grandfathering of existing AR pistols.

How do they think they will enforce this against the owners of existing guns ?

Should be interesting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gonna be a long costly court battle over this one.
    Hopefully the millions that own them will help support the organizations that actually will fight for our Constitutional Rights
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior - 1%

Realistically they can't really enforce this en mass. The LAGOS will turn their braces in. Some people will pull them off and throw them in their safe. Some will bury them in the woods. The rest of us will leave them on and only worry about it if they have to use it in a situation.

You also have to take into account the tidal wave of lawsuits that this will start. Nothing will really happen until those are resolved. Hopefully by then the American people will have woken up and changed the makeup of the government.

I believe this is all just posturing so it looks like the they are trying to do some type of gun control.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    Nothing good here. Also nothing I saw in a first read-through regarding a grandfathering of existing AR pistols.

How do they think they will enforce this against the owners of existing guns ?

Should be interesting.
    grandfathering was in the original post as one of the alternative actions

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Gonna be a long costly court battle over this one.
    Hopefully the millions that own them will help support the organizations that actually will fight for our Constitutional Rights
    The other legal elephant in the room that I am not seeing mentioned The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
    This was the driver for braces and in the proposed rule I searched tje references and there is no testimony or reference of a medical nature that justifies any of the length and wt rules in the proposed point work sheet. It will likely get thrown out or certainly modified in any future court cases. The points against an adjustable brace is certainly without justification since it is quite common for orthopedic devices to have some adjustment to fit different people.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990. The ADA is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. The purpose of the law is to make sure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. The ADA gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities similar to those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, and religion. It guarantees equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in public accommodations, employment, transportation, state and local government services, and telecommunications. The ADA is divided into five titles (or sections) that relate to different areas of public life.

The congress giveth the ADA, and they can taketh it away. Whether the ATF can is another thing. SCOTUS has the final say, if they're in the mood.

-- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    The congress giveth the ADA, and they can taketh it away. Whether the ATF can is another thing. SCOTUS has the final say, if they're in the mood.

-- ML

Probably the congress can not under the current interpretation by the courts over civil right delete the ADA. But they could try to modify it, but not likely. Too many things would be negated and it is doubtful if it would get through a democratic house or the split senate. Biden is even having trouble with his ATF Chipman nominee that may of had his issued gun stolen out of his car by a handy man when parked at his home. His vote in the senate committee has been postponed and not yet sent to the full senate for consideration. ATF policy is said to negate storing issued weapons in vehicles. Chipman said it did not happen and so did he lie or not in the senate hearing.

Basically the game is afoot and Biden can yet be defeated on these issues. The sky has not yet fallen.

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    Fuck them.
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

More nonsense proposed rules coming from the "Rules for thee but not for me crowd"
    I get so sick of this BS..

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Hogan View Post
    Fuck them.
    Lol!! Thatís pretty much my feelings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!