Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The custom rifles that SEAL Team Six are using...

I think this is quite interesting how their weapons have progressed. The weapons, optics and accessories have gone through a specific evolution which I think stands for itself as one of the best tested systems because of their mission. I am still surprised they are using 5.56, though. I would have thought it would be something with more range and killing power. Read on. And opinions?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...aining-mission
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

So they are carrying the same type of set ups that a lot of us here already have... glad they finally caught up. Also they don't have buis.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    So they are carrying the same type of set ups that a lot of us here already have... glad they finally caught up. Also they don't have buis.
    I've seen a few former Special Ops guys now comment that after enough testing, their units stopped running BUIS on rifles, due to the robust nature and miniscule failure rate of modern optics. I can see it making sense for someone on a team that has backup people, backup weapons, and an armorer.

I still have them, because it's just me, the weight penalty is essentially zero, and I'm possibly paranoid.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

So they are using the same stuff we have been discussing for a couple of years? Sometimes in 5.56 and sometimes in 300 BO. Color me astounded, amazed, and now going to sell everything and...wait...we already have these...

As far as the BUIS...do what the f*** you want. I could not give three shits what the SEALs do in this area. Having BUIS costs almost nothing and hurts nothing...and can help, like a seatbelt, when you think nothing can fail. This was as earth shattering as the thread on Glock's rifle.

Recall this from the very dim and forgotten past

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ighlight=White

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ighlight=White
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    HaHa! And I did not even notice the lack of buis till you guys pointed it out. I have it on mine because it is not a hindrance.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I've seen a few former Special Ops guys now comment that after enough testing, their units stopped running BUIS on rifles, due to the robust nature and miniscule failure rate of modern optics. I can see it making sense for someone on a team that has backup people, backup weapons, and an armorer.

I still have them, because it's just me, the weight penalty is essentially zero, and I'm possibly paranoid.
    The photos of the SAS guy in Africa show his rifle without a BUIS as well. I’m not a 10th level death ninja anymore but I’d still have a BUIS. I agree about the “weight penalty.”

Cool photos though...
    Last edited by Badger; 05-18-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    HaHa! And I did not even notice the lack of buis till you guys pointed it out. I have it on mine because it is not a hindrance.
    I only mentioned it because I know some people go ape over it lol. Buis weight less that the difference between shorts and pants and you don't see people complain about it.

Also if buis are too heavy you are a pussy.

Also also the rest of what Gabe and Mr. Anthony said.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I think this is quite interesting how their weapons have progressed. The weapons, optics and accessories have gone through a specific evolution which I think stands for itself as one of the best tested systems because of their mission. I am still surprised they are using 5.56, though. I would have thought it would be something with more range and killing power. Read on. And opinions?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...aining-mission
    Cant say i am in the least bit surprised they are running 556. everything has their ups and downs, but lets go over the specifics. the need a caliber that fits between point a AND b, not a OR b. the weight of ammo specifically in mags is also a large factor. plenty of other factors to consider, but these are the consistent argument.
    that being said there's nothing saying what caliber they are actually running, simply what the civ market version is

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

It may be mildly interesting to see what various elite teams use, but it has exactly zero bearing on what I choose to carry. Presumably, they know their needs, presumably they understand the context they will use their equipment, and certainly they know their individual wants. And that has precisely zero to do with me. My context is different, my needs are different, and what others use has not a damn thing to do with what I want.

For the guy that is starting from scratch and doesn’t have a clear understanding of his context, who doesn’t know what he needs, and who has only a vague understanding of his wants, looking at different choices made by elite teams might be interesting and serve as a data point, but I think far more valuable is looking at the choices of civilians who have been working in this area for years.

Maybe, just maybe some of us know our needs better than the Navy SEAL operating overseas on a team backed by the support structure of the United States military.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It may be mildly interesting to see what various elite teams use, but it has exactly zero bearing on what I choose to carry. Presumably, they know their needs, presumably they understand the context they will use their equipment, and certainly they know their individual wants. And that has precisely zero to do with me. My context is different, my needs are different, and what others use has not a damn thing to do with what I want.
    This right here. 100%
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson