Default ACRO V2 - fixes battery issues. What does tribe think?

Aimpoint just release the Acro V2 that fixes the battery issues. Now a CR2032 with 5 years life. What does the tribe think? Most of Gabe's blog article comments are battery related. I personally have no issues concealing the V1 when I tried a friends. The grip length and width of the pistol is still the limiting factor for me and concealment.

I live the PNW and rain is an issue with my RMR. I get the field of stars issue so am looking at a closed emitter but I cannot trust Holosun. I have one just fail and another drain its battery sitting in the safe in a couple of days. Holosun fixed both but trust is lost.

https://gabesuarez.com/the-truth-abo...-aimpoint-acro

https://aimpoint.us/acro-p-2-red-dot...-5-moa-200691/
    Last edited by GhostRidder; 05-26-2021 at 06:21 AM.

prove it. also holosun fixes the issues and you wont trust a holosun, but aimpoint makes the same claim and uses a proprietary footprint and you're willing to trust them? that being said, we will still have no offerings as we can only purchase them direct and without a dealer commitment, that means we have to charge over msrp to get one in your hands.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Trying to tease that apart. I have Trijicon RMRs and Aimpoint micros that have been like Swiss watches. My two Holosuns needed a trip back so I'm relegating them to play guns next to my sig romeos. Similar experience in the sampling of friends who have holosuns. The dealer relationship with Aimpoint does not matter to me as a user.

My question is if there are any end user concerns now the battery is what it should have been from day 1.

dealer relations should matter when you have an optic that costs more than an RMR but cannot perform to the same standards. as to the new version, that remains to be seen as someone has to be willing to front that change just to give it another chance

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

The PNW v AZ home bases give a different perspective on red dots. Its wet and dark here so I need a closed emitter and can tolerate brightness not going as high. I shoot in the rain regularly as they are the best matches and training opportunities. Ranges and squads are empty. The failure mode with the RMR is a star field of red dots.

I'll buy a ACRO v2 as soon as they show up in stock and report back. It could be that I end up with summer and winter guns. Bon Vivant life.

Note I'm not new to red dots. I had a SI TSD cut slide way back at the beginning.
    Last edited by GhostRidder; 05-27-2021 at 08:10 AM.

RED DOTS IN THE RAIN

Covered back in 2017. We wont be doing anything at all with the ACRO. Maybe another company will be happy to do it for you.

https://gabesuarez.com/red-dots-in-the-rain
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters