Default Mantis Blackbeard laser trainer

I found this last week and ordered one. $219 for the red laser system. Simple to install. Break open your AR and remove the bcg and charging handle. Drop in the laser trainer. Close the AR and insert the “magazine” which is the battery. With each trigger pull the hammer hits a button and the laser “fires” then a plunger pushes the hammer back down instantly. I find the trigger pull unchanged. The trigger reset is slightly different. I have been looking for a system for the AR and have not been impressed with other options such as SIRT sells or the bullet lasers that you must work the action to reset. Comes in a nice carrying case and has a free app and targets to download.

Thank you for this, I had never heard about this system.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    I found this last week and ordered one. $219 for the red laser system. Simple to install. Break open your AR and remove the bcg and charging handle. Drop in the laser trainer. Close the AR and insert the “magazine” which is the battery. With each trigger pull the hammer hits a button and the laser “fires” then a plunger pushes the hammer back down instantly. I find the trigger pull unchanged. The trigger reset is slightly different. I have been looking for a system for the AR and have not been impressed with other options such as SIRT sells or the bullet lasers that you must work the action to reset. Comes in a nice carrying case and has a free app and targets to download.
    Got one myself under NRA Instructor Program (discounted). I think it works great for what it is.

Does it work with piston driven AR-like weapons such as Sig 516 or HK MR556?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    From the product description on their web site:

Note: all Blackbeards now support both direct impingement and piston-driven ARs.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    As long as they use an AR BCG either direct Impingement or piston driven, then yes.

Cool, thanks.
    (Now I just have to find a source in Europe.)