Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great status symbol for the make believe nouveau riche to take selfies with their Rolex and steak. But, if it makes them feel important, who am I to poo poo.

-- ML
    Last edited by Mushinto; 05-09-2021 at 09:46 PM.

A solution in search of a problem.

Get some modern recreations of the 19/66 2.5” into the market at $800 and call it a day.

Makes me think of Raymond Sasia, DeGaulle's bodyguard

If you want to see French cinema's version of Sasia's method, watch "Police Python .357," with Yves Montand as a Frenchified Dirty Harry.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    If you want to see French cinema's version of Sasia's method, watch "Police Python .357," with Yves Montand as a Frenchified Dirty Harry.
    Thank you! Now I am going to look for that!

Some of you have never shot one of these revolvers nor know the history of them and it shows. Just like Omega, Rolex, and Suarez International RDS pistols not everyone deserves one. The MR73 revolvers are known for the strength of a GP100, the smooth handling of a S&W K frame, and the accuracy of a Colt Python. Matter of fact, the French Gendarmerie wanted to use the Colt Python because of it's accuracy, but it was found to be too fragile.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Some of you have never shot one of these revolvers nor know the history of them and it shows. Just like Omega, Rolex, and Suarez International RDS pistols not everyone deserves one. The MR73 revolvers are known for the strength of a GP100, the smooth handling of a S&W K frame, and the accuracy of a Colt Python. Matter of fact, the French Gendarmerie wanted to use the Colt Python because of it's accuracy, but it was found to be too fragile.
    Well said! I was going to say something much less eloquent but opted out. Iím not suggesting anyone carry one of these (even though it would do its job) but they do hold a unique place in history...

Pearls before swine...

Roger that. I have a v-spring .357 Trooper that's holding up so far, but I let a 2.5" Python go about 25 years ago because the timing was off and I couldn't fix it or readily get it fixed. And I would scoop up a good used 3 or 4 inch fixed sight MR73 in a heartbeat.

Maybe even before I score that 3.5" Smith 27.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Roger that. I have a v-spring .357 Trooper that's holding up so far, but I let a 2.5" Python go about 25 years ago because the timing was off and I couldn't fix it or readily get it fixed. And I would scoop up a good used 3 or 4 inch fixed sight MR73 in a heartbeat.

Maybe even before I score that 3.5" Smith 27.
    I've looked for one of those for the past three decades, when I finally had the money for one. It's a unicorn as far as I'm concerned.

I do have a nice 2.5 blued S&W 19 ... wif a Tyler T-Grip, of course. lol It looks like new, and I hardly ever shoot it. ;) It's one of my TV guns, like in the Seven Ups, The Friends of Eddie Coyle, The French Connection, Shaft, Freebie and The Bean, Hickey and Boggs, etc.

That Model 27 is still sweet, tho.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 05-11-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I've been waiting for someone like you to chime in. I've never shot a Manurhin, so I don't really know what all the fuss is about. I've shot a few old Pythons, and enjoyed them, but the only wheel guns that I've held onto are a 686 and a 642. The little one is for discretion. The big one is just for fun.

The MR73 definitely looks like an Italian supermodel, but one is unlikely to find its way into my modest arsenal. I think I paid $225 for my 686 (those are early 90s dollars), and it's one of the best examples of that model that I've come across. I also wear an old Casio, though. But if you buy one of these, I'll definitely ask to shoot it the next time I'm in Orange.
    Virtute et Armis