Hybrid View

Default Manurhin MR73 revolvers now imported by Beretta

Manurhin MR73 revolvers are now being imported into the USA by Beretta. These high quality .357 Magnums have been successfully used by the legendary GIGN anti-terrorist unit from France.

TFB TV has posted a nice video review on YouTube, discussing quality, fit & finish, performance. Two models, 4" and 5.25" barrels. Beretta catalog price of $3,300. TFB estimates retail about $3,000. He also said that these fine machines are available only at the New York and Dallas Beretta boutique stores.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

That’s very cool! I’ve been getting back into wheel guns lately and these guns are very interesting.

Nice to know.

OUCH, $3K!!!
    Last edited by P.D.; 05-08-2021 at 01:24 PM.

"Ouch!"

What the French said, too. And so:

rugerman.jpg

But not for long.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

If its not some original 18-something revolver, there is no way in hades I would pay 3k+ for a wheel gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    "Ouch!"

What the French said, too. And so:

rugerman.jpg

But not for long.
    So 3k for a used Ruger GP copy. Pass.

If I am going to drop that kind of cash on a .357 it will be a 1970s blue Python.

Actually those are the Service Six/Manhurin replacements for the original guns, which were too spendy. The Ruger designers no doubt were shaking their heads at the incorporation of a sideplate and the elimination of their handy takedown system.

Here's an actual MR73:

MR73.jpg

Available in a variety of barrel lengths, grip configurations, with or without adjustable sights.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20