Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock 40 MOS Reflex Sight??

I am looking for someone with some experience using a reflex sight on their Glock MOS Handgun. I have a Model 40 10mm, the problem is I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide which one to buy. I believe the Burris FF3 would suit my purposes, general carry/self defense, occasional competition. I would like to hear the pros/cons and explanation as to this sight or any recommendations. Also, which plate would I use as the Burris FF3 is not listed on their base plate card.

For plinking or competition, Burris might be fine. But for serious applications betting your life on? No.

The only things I recommend for serious carry are the Trijicon RMR or one of the Holosun models.

Even then, one must be careful. One of our members here set up a 10 mm with an RMR. He wanted and adjustable model, but Trijicon informed him that those models were not robust enough for 10mm.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

☝��This!

Since you are new to the red dot thing let me suggest that the search feature is your friend.

for carry? its a complete pos. if you're objective to spending rmr money, holosun is really the onlything adequate for duty use, assuming you intend on doing it right with cowitness sights

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I have had good luck so far with Holosun products, pleasantly surprised.

But no idea how they hold up to 10mm.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have had good luck so far with Holosun products, pleasantly surprised.

But no idea how they hold up to 10mm.
    couldn't say, haven't had the opportunity yet, be we did put a 507 on a 45-70 and it held up

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I have used Holosuns on 870s, but even with 12 gauge recoil, I just assume the reciprocating slide is harder on them.

What are Shopmonkey’s thoughts?
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have used Holosuns on 870s, but even with 12 gauge recoil, I just assume the reciprocating slide is harder on them.

What are Shopmonkey’s thoughts?
    i dont disagree, completely different kind of recoil which leads to the downfall of most micros rds on the marker. its what led to us distancing from the shield rms/rmsc

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

I don’t understand why this conversation is still happening on WT.

The expert gunsmiths, builders and end-users have all proven over and over and over what will work in the real world and what simply will not.

I know not everyone has the cash on hand to drop for full custom guns and top tier optics.

But if you are building a pistol that you absolutely intend for the defense of your life and/or the lives of your loved ones and you just have to have an optic on it:

Eat Top Ramen and hot dogs and buy off the day-old rack and pack PBnJ’s and make your own coffee for a month or 2 and then get the Trijicon or the Holosun and a properly milled/built slide.

You simply cannot “cheap out” on the optic you intend for EDC or duty and expect it to do anything other than “cheap out” far sooner than later.

I see so many people at my local range fighting with and making excuses for their Burris’, Vortex’s, SigRomeo’s, and all the rest of the economy RDS optics, cheaply cut slides, crap barrels, etc.

So often and so many of the same bullshit excuses that now I just tell to either case the gun and shoot their Ruger 10-22’s and BuckMarks or go home.

Maybe SI could offer some kind of 4 month financing program so more people could get what is actually the best gear. (I don’t even know if this is feasible and I’m guessing Si has already considered it. Just a thought.)

Anyway, the knowledge and the experience and scars and wins (and very few losses) are all here for everyone’s education and occasional vilification.

Thankful for it.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Simon Bolivar once commented that he felt as if he'd tried to plow the sea. I need a drink.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters