Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What LawDog said resonates with me. When small legitimate laws are broken to uphold big laws, my observation is it usually doesn’t end well.

UC to break up a terrorist org or overseas to provide critical intel seems understandable. The whole war on drugs, from my foxhole, seems like it goes against common sense.

I’m not for drug use. I think any recreational drug use is stupid.

I am pro LE but don’t think the Grossman sheepdog - sheep concept is the appropriate model for the free citizens of a republic.

Every American man, no matter if how he earns his living, ought to have the skill set and mindset to throw the switch and go into warrior mode if necessary.
    Last edited by cco45acp; 01-18-2022 at 06:13 PM.

So my POV...I could give three shits about the War on Drugs. As one old VN Vet I worked with used to say..."It was a shitty war...but it was the only one we had". I never cared deeply about drug traffic. But I did enjoy what I got to do because of it.

As far as Grossman...I dont care for his silly analogy and have said as much...even to him. I am not a protector or a sheepdog and dont care about sheep...or what happens to them. They chose their path and now they can live with it...or not.

My team and I were hunters. Sure we rescued a few sheep...but were there to kill the bad guy...if we could...not to keep anyone safe. And if I rolled up and you had smoked him...you would find us as jealous as hell.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Although I was never LE UC, I did work 14 years with a .gov intelligence group that didn't exist, going places we never were, and doing things we never did, and then 15 years as a weapons/tactics instructor and consultant. I found out WAY too late in life that I just didn't fit in with suburban corporate America. I even tried being a professional in the golf industry, and while I was successful at what I did, somehow wished I stayed as a weapons/tactics instructor and consultant. I, unfortunately as hind sight would show, tried to make a marriage that was doomed from the start...work. Somehow I never lucked out like Gabe in finding the right woman that can handle who I was, and still am. Do I have regrets? Nope.
    Frank

"Some People are like a Slinky- basically useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    Although I was never LE UC, I did work 14 years with a .gov intelligence group that didn't exist, going places we never were, and doing things we never did, and then 15 years as a weapons/tactics instructor and consultant. I found out WAY too late in life that I just didn't fit in with suburban corporate America. I even tried being a professional in the golf industry, and while I was successful at what I did, somehow wished I stayed as a weapons/tactics instructor and consultant. I, unfortunately as hind sight would show, tried to make a marriage that was doomed from the start...work. Somehow I never lucked out like Gabe in finding the right woman that can handle who I was, and still am. Do I have regrets? Nope.
    There are a lot of women out there. You can still find a good one. Probably good too that you got out of that group when you did. They don't seem to be of the same character today as they use to be.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    There are a lot of women out there. You can still find a good one.
    I was 58 when I found my good one, 14 years after divorcing a wrong one.
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit