Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I could definitely qualify by just throwing the pellets, but I couldn't meet the "power factor" requirement that way. Maybe if I threw golf balls instead....
    Nah. It's all about placement. Just ask that shepherd kid, David what'shisname.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Tag so I can keep track of Gabe's qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Attachment 61281

RD/CT Pistol Qualification

25 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face-4 seconds 3X- 9 rounds
    15 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face-3 seconds 3X-9 rounds
    10 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face-3.5 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    7 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face -3 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    5 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face -2.5 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    3 Yards: 3 Rounds to the face -2.0 seconds 2X- 6 rounds
    10 Yards to 3 Yards-Shooting on the Advance-4 rounds face 2X 8 rounds total.
    Turning this into my dry practice target. I might try to fiddle with scaling it down to mimic distance so that I can work precision/distance in my apartment office more easily...I don't think my soon-to-be-wife would appreciate seeing a head target on the back of our front door, when she moves in after the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Turning this into my dry practice target. I might try to fiddle with scaling it down to mimic distance so that I can work precision/distance in my apartment office more easily...I don't think my soon-to-be-wife would appreciate seeing a head target on the back of our front door, when she moves in after the wedding.
    My marital advice: It's better to just let everything out all up front. Don't hide who you are. It'll come out anyway.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    My marital advice: It's better to just let everything out all up front. Don't hide who you are. It'll come out anyway.
    Oh, she's well-aware of my penchant for firearms and dry practice. More a matter of aesthetics than anything else. She wants to learn to shoot, too, so we've done some dry work, though not extensively (we're in different states until the swiftly-approaching wedding).

More broadly speaking, she and I have tried to be open with things and get it out there, for sure. No sense in hiding, and no sense in trying to manicure an image that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    I used to sleep with a shotgun, mine had no choice.... Let’s say in my previous life I made some bad decisions..... Worst part she already knew about some of those I wish I could have hid....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I used to sleep with a shotgun, mine had no choice.... Let’s say in my previous life I made some bad decisions..... Worst part she already knew about some of those I wish I could have hid....
    Fortunately I don't have to get my lovely lady accustomed to that, although I do keep my shotgun near my bed.

My agencies handgun qual is 52 rounds from 25-3 yards. Multiple targets, mutliple shooting positions, some mandatory head shots, shooting while moving, tactical and forced reloads. Failure drills (Body armor drills), etc. Pretty strict time requirements.

Rifle qual has all the same things, but is 100 yards to 3. It is 54 rounds.

SWAT and Instructors shoot the same qual with the same time restrictions, but they have a smaller scoring zone on the target to hold them to a higher standard.
    Last edited by tcsrt126; 06-01-2021 at 06:42 AM.