Default Looking for AR10 bipod advice

Like the title states, I am looking for bipod advice for a precision AR 10. 20 in barrel so already a little front heavy, not to mention the suppressor. I have Harris on some bolt actions and like them fine but was wondering what other options the tribe is using. Magpul looks interesting and inexpensive but have not handled one personally. Thanks for any info.

I use an Atlas on my LR25/AR10 weapons. I also have a GG&G as backup. Either work well on heavier/precision weapons. The GG&G is less expensive, but not quite as versatile as the Atlas. Both are on the heavier side (Especially the GG&G), but on a precision weapon that's not a negative. I recently purchased a Magpul, but I only use it on a custom extremely lightweight 18" Tikka bolt rifle. The Magpul works for something lightweight and occasional use, but definitely not up to heavy duty or hard use.
    Cranky Old Guy

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Army Jan 73 - Dec 79

"We don't want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men."

“In case of doubt, attack.”
    ― George S. Patton Jr.

"If the government is the answer, then the question is stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by COG View Post
    The Magpul works for something lightweight and occasional use, but definitely not up to heavy duty or hard use.
    What made you come to that conclusion?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Compare an Atlas and then the Magpul. $300+ vs. $100 bipod and the differences are obvious. I never said the Magpul was bad, but construction is lightweight and I believe would not hold up to the rigors of hard or constant use on a 10 lbs plus AR10. A lightweight AR15 or a lightweight hunting bolt rifle as I have mine mounted - sure, that's why I purchased one, but a stout AR10/LR25 and the polymer legs flex and wobble way too much. The Magpul was made to fit a price point and not a bad choice at that price.

Just an opinion from an actual user of various bipod brands and rifle platforms.
    Cranky Old Guy

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Army Jan 73 - Dec 79

"We don't want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men."

“In case of doubt, attack.”
    ― George S. Patton Jr.

"If the government is the answer, then the question is stupid!"

Default Looking for AR10 bipod advice

The Magpul are a great value but they still “value”. You may have to load them quite a bit, depending on rifle and ground/bench.
    If you have the money go for accutac or B&T.