Hybrid View

Default US Optics USO Lineup

Iíll start with the disclaimer that I already own an assortment of tier one optics that are on all of my first line guns. Iím asking about these mainly so I can scope a few cheaper guns and pack them in coyote country.

So seeking advice on the USO line by US Optics. These are not the high quality US Optics, these are not American made and come in at a very affordable price for what they claim for features.

Just wondering if anyone here has hands on experience with them or even secondhand knowledge. I canít find much in the way of reliable reviews online.

Thanks
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I was checking them out, they look good to go. All of the manufactures are making a lower end version of their stuff. They should be fine... Let us know if you get one...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Honestly what I think is the main difference is the 30mm main tube. Basically everyone wants the bigger stuff not knowing you can shoot 1000 yards with a 1” and the right taper in the mount or shim your scope in the rings. It’s getting rediculous if you ask me.... I bet clearity and brightness are pretty damn close between the high end stuff and the lower end. My biggest problem with it all is turret adjustments all moved to mils instead of moa. I know why, it’s the gaming end of it all that is matching elevation and wind age adjustments to the reticle... I just like Moa because Moa is basically 10ths, makes things easier for me....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I just like Moa because Moa is basically 10ths, makes things easier for me....
    You should give mils another try. If what you like about MOA is tenths, then you really want a mil-based system. Come to the dark side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

I have the TS20x on a long range AR build, and also own 2 of the older SN3's which are double the price. On the TS20, the glass is really good, very clear bright image. Nice reticle, and illumination works well. Parallax knob is little stiff. Seems to track really well(1/10 mil). The turrets however are my only complaint. They are a tad mushy, not quite as tactile as I'd like. I just also picked up an Athlon Midas tac 4-16x on another rifle , the turrets on this scope are hands down better. The USO line was designed by them, but made in China which is a deal killer for many. Bang for the buck its a nice scope.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    You should give mils another try. If what you like about MOA is tenths, then you really want a mil-based system. Come to the dark side.

I probably will, I don’t really have a choice. Leupold make only 1 Mark 5 in Moa. I will just switch. It looks to me they are all making more travel per turn then they used to anyways. It will be fine for 308 and all the good ones have a zero stop and some kind of turret revolution indicator which is what they all needed anyways.

me and paul both use them. for their price tier, youre not gonna beat them

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

A little over a year ago, I picked up a Vector Veytron for a rimfire trainer rifle. It is a cheap little scope that has so far worked fine for its task, but I havenít put it through the wringer yet. That purchase resulted from looking at a U.S. Optics scope. I found one model that stacked up pretty well on my list of criteria. (Part of my criteria was the ability to focus at least down to 25y. The scope I selected goes down to 10y, and is actually surprisingly clear at 5y. You probably wonít care about that on a center fire.) A little research revealed that the $600 U.S. Optics ďbudgetĒ scope was actually just a rebranded $200 Vector scope. That discovery pretty much assured that Iíll never buy a U.S. Optics scope. That level of dishonesty in advertising is too much for me.

For fighting guns, I rarely bother to even consider a magnified optic that doesnít come from Leupold.

Virtute et Armis