Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Yes definitely. I had a major heart attack 6 months ago that the doctors at Henry Mayo said there was no medical explanation why I was still alive and talking to them. One third of the blood flow to the front of my heart was 99% blocked so they did emergency removal of the blockages and put two stints in my heart. I won't bore you with my family situation but to say my divorce from my first wife was UGLY and I lost my two daughters 17 and 15 shortly afterward when my mother died because they thought they were going to get money out of my mothers death. When they found out they were not they had no further use for me. Life can be rough!!! Fortunately I found a good woman and have spent the past 30 years happily married to her.

I worked in an oil refinery for 25 years and now have a "demyelinating nerve disease" and thanks to 9/11 lost 1/3 of my retirement. My wife and I have spent our savings on doctors and now are down to living on Social Security yet still we are better of than many. We keep telling ourselves all we can do is the best we can and put one foot in front of the other as there is no guarantee for tomorrow. Hang in there Brother and reach out a helping hand to others when you can; all we have is each other until HE comes back. Don't give up the faith!

Your struggles and your attitude towards them and your faith are an inspiration to me! You didn’t post I’m sure to shame me; but steel
Sharpens steel and I thank you for sharing! Thank you. After a week or so of no disasters I was feeling cautiously optimistic- and then my daughter texted me at work to tell me she’s very sick- probably whuflu- we are waiting for our appointment time now to get her tested. And she reassured me- “dad I’m young and healthy and we don’t even know yet what it is,I could be pregnant!” I needed the laugh and I’m glad she learned from someone to put things into proper perspective.
Thanks to all for letting me vent- here with the wife and kids and farm and business I’ve gotta be the bulldozer and the head cracker and gate keeper it’s been a while since I just got to get it all off my chest.