Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ANOTHER NEW UPPER - This is "The HuÍ"

while many of our recent uppers have paid homage to the past, this upper is designed around the lessons learned from it. January 30, 1968, Marines entered HuÍ City ill-equipped and under-prepared for what lie ahead. Vietnam was supposed to be a rumble in the jungle so Marines were sent into HuÍ with 1 hour or urban warfare training utilizing weapons meant for distance engagment, to include firing a leveled 106mm mortar through a doorway as covering fire against an mg nest. The battle carried on for over a month and the lessons learned from the house-to-house warfare brought forward from the battle. The battle lead to the tactics that we see today used in not only the military, but law enforcement as well. There is also much to learn from HuÍ for the days to come, especially for those of us in a dense urban population.

"The HuÍ" upper is designed on the lessons learned from the battles of the past. The 12.5" barrel is not only easily maneuverable in a close-quarters environment, but doesn't demand blood sacrifice for mid-distance engagements.

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...howHidden=true

KIMG0026.jpg

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Damn that is combat sexy!!
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

That does look sexy....

I never served, but the idea of a 106mm mortar round for door entry sounds f-ing awesome... Would there even be a room to enter at that point?
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    That does look sexy....

I never served, but the idea of a 106mm mortar round for door entry sounds f-ing awesome... Would there even be a room to enter at that point?
    it wasnt for door entry. a company of Marines needed to cross a street, however, they would have to cross right in front of a vc mg nest to do so. a lcpl volunteered to set up his mortar, pointed in the general direction of the mg nest as cover fire for the company.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Like the Commando...a rifle with a history and a legend.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have often thought that the 12.5” is the perfect balance, small, handy and maneuverable, and still capable at reasonable distances.

And yes, something about that length is sexy.

On a related note, I have always thought the AK105 (also 12.5”) was the sexiest AK.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I have often thought that the 12.5Ē is the perfect balance, small, handy and maneuverable, and still capable at reasonable distances.

And yes, something about that length is sexy.

On a related note, I have always thought the AK105 (also 12.5Ē) was the sexiest AK.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

hue68.jpg

For a minute there, I thought it was gonna have a periscope.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Pretty sweet bro. Iím going to try and make it over. Went on Highline trail today, pretty fucking crazy.... I did all the other good ones last time....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Don't forget it's patriotic to give that stimulus money to capitalist for gun stuff...

I already bought two uppers from SI this year with the .gov handouts.