Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Purchase concerns?

With all of the new laws and Executive Orders coming out (as promised) against firearms ownership, anyone concerned about purchasing through an FFL v a Private purchase?

Why, you planning on complying with the law?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
    With all of the new laws and Executive Orders coming out (as promised) against firearms ownership, anyone concerned about purchasing through an FFL v a Private purchase?
    No.

ATF 4473 forms do not track specific item make/model, just category (long gun, pistol, shotgun, other) and quantity.

Your local FFL is required to keep paperwork for 10 years. Not all FFLs are equal and as libertarian, mind you.

But to track a weapon TODAY (as I understand it), they must move backwards from a weapon being used in a crime, back to the initial manufacturer, ask them where it went, chase it through distributors to FFL dealers, etc.

If you purchase a USED firearm through an FFL, it significantly interrupts that paper trail, but it's not perfect. LE must find the original owner and compel them to inform you which FFL you transferred through, etc. It's not impossible, but it's more difficult. Owners are not required to keep 10 years of paper trail, obviously, and it might be harder to remember exactly which gun dealer you traded that pistol N years ago.

But if your concern is the current 4473 forms are a defacto gun registry, as far as I can tell, they are not.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

And...fires, burglaries, amd miscellaneous acts of God can derail the situation. For example...an FFL that used cloud and online 4473 is far more protected than one using paper amd pen technology. Something SI has been very backward with.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Civil disobedience. Operative term is DISOBEDIENCE.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Many moons ago, during the Clinton administration, I had a buddy that had a small shop...one time he showed me a couple things he had in the woods behind the shop: A barrel...a 10-20 pound sheet/block of magnesium and a 5+ pound bag of magnesium powder...

He didn't say anything incriminating, of course...I figured out his intentions quite quickly...

Lol......no.

Roger. Wilco.

I received the message and understand completely.

Out!

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/43371461

Read that and ask if I give a fuck.... You think they are going to come and get them???
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Nope. Not concerned in the slightest. Iíll buy whatever I want, from wherever or whoever I need to buy it from, and I intend to KEEP whatever I buy. Full stop.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.