Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    I struggle to get 300 carbs in. I've been trying to add muscle for the last 2.5 years. As of Jan. I only gained 20lbs (in 2 years) I was on a very low carb and low sugar plan. Just didn't know better in regards to needing carbs.
    I've started eating more carbs and have added 8lbs since January. I just need to find a wider source to get carbs from.

I've been eating Oatmeal in the mornings but my gut just does not like it. I just switched to buckwheat and it seems better. Less bloating and discomfort than oats with slightly higher carbs and protien.
    When I'm in a massing phase, I have to eat stuff I wouldn't normally eat a lot of, in order to get in enough carbs. Gluten-free cereals, honey on everything, dates and raisins, fruit leathers, gummy fruit snacks, juice, etc. It's a huge chore.

Are you actually tracking your nutrition and using a plan, or just winging it? For me, the only way I ever got to efficiently build muscle reliably was when I started tracking nutrition pretty closely (in my case, the RP diet app). Winging my nutrition by myself led to slow gains, unreliable results, etc.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Fruits, green leafy vegetables, legumes, lentils, and whole grains (oats. wild & brown rice, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When I'm in a massing phase, I have to eat stuff I wouldn't normally eat a lot of, in order to get in enough carbs. Gluten-free cereals, honey on everything, dates and raisins, fruit leathers, gummy fruit snacks, juice, etc. It's a huge chore.

Are you actually tracking your nutrition and using a plan, or just winging it? For me, the only way I ever got to efficiently build muscle reliably was when I started tracking nutrition pretty closely (in my case, the RP diet app). Winging my nutrition by myself led to slow gains, unreliable results, etc.
    I'll have to look into tracking. Basically I eat mostly the same things every day. Dinner is the only variable. Not sure what I'm doing could be considered tracking. I guess I never thought it's was critical enough just to build some muscle.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Can't eat wheat products anymore. Several things have happened/changed as I got older.

So, baked vegetables. Or roasted. Same thing to me. Buy stuff like squash, carrots, beets, radishes, celery, onions, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and slice them into chunks after washing them off. Sprinkle some salt/pepper on them and put them on a big pizza pan and bake them in the oven till soft. Man, they're great with baked chicken, pork chops, steak, even salmon.

Other spices you like can be used. I just like salt/pepper.

Tried something new the other day. Sunchokes. Similar to a potato but different kind of carbs. Lower in carbs than potatoes but lots of vitamins and minerals. Raw or barely cooked they're good for people who have to watch out for insulin spikes (I don't). More thoroughly cooked and they change to have more sugar/fructose. Raw they kind of taste like some kind of nuts/potato mixed. Cooked they are just great. Well, our first experiment was scrubbed, sliced thin, fried in a skillet with bacon and onions. Sort of like fried potatoes, but not like fried potatoes.

Planted two small patches of them in the back lot Saturday.

Can't find them in any local grocery stores. Had to order them on line and after eating some of them I planted the rest.

Another one of those "crops" I like (like asparagus). You plant them and they just keep spreading and growing and coming up on their own every year.

Reminds me I left the asparagus off the list of vegetables we roast on the pan.