Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have an RMR that I have never had to change the battery in it yet. Iím curious how far I can push it. I think itís 5 years now?
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I have an RMR that I have never had to change the battery in it yet. I’m curious how far I can push it. I think it’s 5 years now?
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...68#post1974068

Did the same. Surprised me how long it took. I change'em out now on a regular basis, but I had to see for myself. Too many people depend on heresay, manufacturer claims and "I know a guy who...."
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Two points:

1. There’s a lot of variance between Glock pistols. You can have a set of parts in one Glock that gives you an AMAZING trigger... but when you take that entire EXACT set of parts out, and install them in a different, completely identical Glock, you can end up with a trigger that feels like complete garbage. Glocks are not as uniform as Gaston would have you believe.

2. You CAN make a Glock trigger almost the equal of the best 1911 trigger out there... but you will render every safety the pistol has non-functional in doing so, short of the trigger safety. The trigger can be safely improved, but only to a certain point.

Glocks are like Jeeps: you love them for what they are, and you accept them for what they are not.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

" Glocks are like Jeeps: you love them for what they are, and you accept them for what they are not. "....Yes Sir, Agreed.

Now...as for;

J. E. E. P. = Just Empty Every Pocket

Now to be realistic, Jeeps are like any other vehicle.....they require TLC/maintenance. Some owners just do not " get it "....
    Last edited by NV28; 03-20-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    Two points:

1. There’s a lot of variance between Glock pistols. You can have a set of parts in one Glock that gives you an AMAZING trigger... but when you take that entire EXACT set of parts out, and install them in a different, completely identical Glock, you can end up with a trigger that feels like complete garbage. Glocks are not as uniform as Gaston would have you believe.

2. You CAN make a Glock trigger almost the equal of the best 1911 trigger out there... but you will render every safety the pistol has non-functional in doing so, short of the trigger safety. The trigger can be safely improved, but only to a certain point.

Glocks are like Jeeps: you love them for what they are, and you accept them for what they are not.

There are other pistols out there that are striker fired with 'easier' triggers than the glock. But not target tuned 1911 triggers for sure. Looking at the SI gear page, I do not see listed gun milling services for anything but glocks. If I am correct there may be a problem with properly milling a Walther ppq, HK's pistol, and the others out there. I see some of them have that MOS monstrosity on them. A few years ago I did fire a walther ppq and it did have a lighter trigger on it. But I do not know how dependable such guns are relative to harder primers. Even on the glock I would be leery of it firing dependably some types of submachine gun ammo with very hard primers and really do not trust some brands of european ammo relative to it always firing.